Quitting Dip
John10960

Looking for feedback from current/ex dippers

Hey everyone , new here.

so I recently quit dipping about 6 days ago due to a partially numb spot on my lower left lip. 

I dipped for Approx 2 years in and off but only packed a lip on lower left lip due to a minor surgery on my right (unrelated to dipping).

has anyone else experienced this? When does the numbness go away and what could it be caused by? Is it nerve damage or skin inflammation from the direct contact of the dip to lip?

mich thanks for any feedback!

Are you going to start again if it was unrelated to dip? How about if it was related to dip, but goes away? What if it doesn't go away, but you figure out you have a whole new set off lips upstairs that are virginal?

You've been dipping 2 years... what are you getting out of it at this point?

Why are you doing it?

Whatever lies you come up with aren't lies you invented, we all used to tell them to ourselves.

As far as your questions... we're not doctors, and the answers don't really matter. You either want to quit, or you want to be a slave.

Those of us who risked cancer for years and decades just have to hope for the best when it comes to negative health outcomes. All we know for sure is that we're never dipping again and that process started by quitting for real, not because we had a little booboo on our lip.

When you decide to quit for real, come by and put your name on the scroll.

• Like 3

I'm salty today dude. Maybe someone will answer your actual questions :ROFL:

33 minutes ago, John10960 said:

partially numb spot on my lower left lip. 

only packed a lip on lower left lip

what could it be caused by?

• Like 2
  • The Clap 1

Salty or not, lipi makes good points. Most of us would stop when we’d get a scare & then go back to finger banging a can of death as soon as whatever it was cleared up. 

I never went numb, but yeah, it’s most probably your body reacting to the poison that you’re putting in it. It doesn’t want it there so it’s trying to send your dumb ass a message. I used to get sores. I'd switch sides, like a moron & continue to worry about getting cancer as i kept on sucking off big tobacco.

then i got quit & everything healed up & life is so much better without those cocksuckers running my life. 

This is a place to quit, not a place for medical advice, so if you want answers to your numb lip, web md is your place. If you want to be free and not have to worry about whether every ache is cancer or not, then get to quitting & throw that shit away.

• The Clap 2

3 hours ago, Golf said:

Salty or not, lipi makes good points. Most of us would stop when we’d get a scare & then go back to finger banging a can of death as soon as whatever it was cleared up. 

I never went numb, but yeah, it’s most probably your body reacting to the poison that you’re putting in it. It doesn’t want it there so it’s trying to send your dumb ass a message. I used to get sores. I'd switch sides, like a moron & continue to worry about getting cancer as i kept on sucking off big tobacco.

then i got quit & everything healed up & life is so much better without those cocksuckers running my life. 

This is a place to quit, not a place for medical advice, so if you want answers to your numb lip, web md is your place. If you want to be free and not have to worry about whether every ache is cancer or not, then get to quitting & throw that shit away.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Before I quit I remember sometimes my lip would get sore so I would switch sides. I can't tell you how many times I pulled my lip out in front of the mirror to look for spots and dreaded the dentist. You're concerned that this thing you're voluntarily doing could be causing nerve damage, numbness, inflammation, potential long term and permanent damage. So ask yourself: why do I feel compelled to do this in the first place? What is it giving me? Those are the questions I asked myself right before I quit. You can make surface level excuses as to why you want to do it, but deep down you know its shitty, and you've probly made some sort of promise to quit "at some point". You gotta sack up and break through the shackles. Stop letting that shit run your life. 

• Like 3
  • The Clap 2

I'm sorry, was it really a question as to whether the dip caused it??? Hilarious. Of course it did. Jesus dude. You're only two years in. You have entire universes of fucked up mouth pain and disease anxiety to experience. I could write a book on it. And none of it will make you quit. You're going to need to want to quit, not stop dipping because your scared of a mouth sore. They fade away on their own. Addiction doesn't. 

• Like 1
  • The Clap 2

There are no "current dippers" here; only quitters.

To @Lipi's point--quitting is freedom. People aren't "scared" into freedom by mouth sores. People here obliterate their addiction to nicotine by making a promise not to use it. Every. Single. Day.

Using tobacco for any amount of time carries inherent risks. You have no guarantee that using for only two years won't come back to haunt you in 20 years. But if you quit now, you have a 100% guarantee that--whatever happens in the future--won't happen because of tobacco from this point forward.

• The Clap 3

Dip will kill you.  Quit one day at a time.  There is nothing positive about dip.

I am not a doctor, so I don't know for a fact what is causing you pain, but re-read the first sentence I typed.  Then post roll call.

• Puke 1

All of these guys have valid point I had my lip go numb twice and thought it was dip and stopped using. Then I found QD and I quit completely the best decision I have ever made. So like @Lipi said when your ready to quit the quit that shit out and post day one on the Plebe scroll we will all support your quit. Trust me this place works if you use it correctly and make a promise each day to not use any nicotine of any sort.

So John, you may not like what you've read here in response to your research.

This addiction doesn't play around nor do the marketing depts at big tobacco. They don't give one shit about you or your numbness. You are a statistic. The only research question they have is how can we get money out of your pocket? The answer is: sell you an addictive product. You being the dumbass addict like we all have been hand them your money and pack whatever it is they put into the shit into your mouth with a gleeful sigh of relief. Pretty stupid.

There are no questions to ask John, you are either nicotine's bitch or your a man. Look in the mirror and figure out which you are gonna be tomorrow then post scroll and get on with it.

Edited by monkey
  • Like 2

Please fill in your quit date here.
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.