Quitting Dip

Vaping...

Putting out the Bat Signal on the vaping phenomenon.

latest?cb=20111216084322

I think I mentioned earlier that I'm starting a tobacco cessation program at my school for these teenagers that are nicotine users.  My first customer is coming to me in the morning.  I'm all set with taking the horses to the water as far as dipping goes, but vaping is another matter.

I can teach the hell out of all of them about quitting, but I need some research on vaping.  I was hoping there was a thread here or on the facebook page that someone could point me to so I can go in on Wednesday to meet with the vapers fully armed.

Thoughts?

@schaef, where are some of those vape links?

@BigKahuna I don't know shit about vaping, other than it is just a different delivery vehicle for nicotine. You are just as addicted to the substance, whether you are trying to use it as NRT, or using it as a recreational drug. It might not cause tooth loss like dipping, but since it is delivering nicotine to the bloodstream it will definitely cause blood pressure increase, vasoconstriction,  and damage the heart. From what I hear there is no data on whether it causes cancer, but that's just because it hasn't been around very long. Inhaling a bunch of chemicals can't be a great idea, whether its sucking on those e-dicks, or huffing paint.

Anyway, if they are coming to you, they must want to quit right? That is obviously the biggest part of the equation. Who will they be accountable to? Who will be there when they need to someone to slap them around? That's where you come in I guess.

Well, it's starting out as an educational initiative and to let kids know about quitting nicotine.  There is a volunteer aspect for some, but mostly it will be referrals for being caught with tobacco on school grounds.  Those special butterflies will get the education and the chance to quit.  If they choose not to, they can go on about their business, but they'll have to explain why they won't quit first.

i absolutely hate that vaping shit....i know u can't choke kids at the school.....but, I have a huge urge to choke vapers and beat them with their vape pipe when i see those giant clouds of vape smoke emit from their months.....i'll look for some pix's of dumb asses being beaten or killed with vape pipes.....that will make it all better

• Like 3

My little town is sort of overrun with vaping shops. I can think of four of them in a mile and a half radius.  I didn't realize that you could support an entire business just selling that shit. I'm guessing they also sell bath salts too. I know at least one place also sells biker leather. Go figure.

So two of the dippers decided to quit.  We'll see if the shitstains can keep their word.  I'm not optimistic.

The two vapers decided to forego quitting.  One said, "I'm gonna quit, but on my own." Good luck with that fuckface.  The other said, "It's not bad for you, so I'm going to keep using."  No amount of reasoning would work, and I couldn't call him a cunt and shame him into quitting.  All I said as he was leaving was, "Well, I hope you're not dead in 20 years when science proves me right."

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3377730/E-cigarettes-NO-better-regular-smoking-Toxins-devices-cause-cancer-nicotine-FREE.html

E-cigarettes are NO better than regular smoking: Devices can 'cause cancer even when they're nicotine FREE'

E-cigarettes were designed to replace conventional cigarettes

But, a new study found that e-cigs are 'just as unhealthy' as cigarettes 

E-cigs were found to cause cancer - even when they don't have nicotine

That's because they contain toxins that can spark tumor growth

This study adds to the growing evidence that e-cigs cause health problems

Edited by soxfnnlansing

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...

I made a post a while back touching about the subject. Vaping is fucking disgusting. The amount of dosage you can consume with one hit makes me sick to my stomach.

On top of those losers vaping. They have a fat pinch in their mouth as well. :vomit:

The anger and anxiety these users have because of this addiction is just sad. I feel like any of them that stumbles in here are going to be annoying and ultimately flame out. 

Fuck you nicotine. 

Please fill in your quit date here.