Quitting Dip
Sign in to follow this  
Jaws4dayz

Getting a hot head

I quit for three days, and honestly the cravings weren't so bad but I was constantly irritable. I kept getting snappy at my GF and then we started talking about ending the relationship. After I threw a dip in things between us got better. I swear quiting dip is worse for the people around me, then it is for me. Anyone successfully kept a cool head while quiting? 

You know going into quitting that it's going to take management on your part.  You take that rage and come into this forum and let it out.  Be careful to direct it away from those around you because if you don't that will cause problems and possibly cause you to resent your quit.  Once that happens, your quit is in jeopardy.  Resentment is a quit killer.  Go to the gym too and let that cast iron absorb your rage.  It's only temporary and you'll come out of the shit seeing more clearly and feeling a whole lot better.  You can also drink lots of water and avoid alcohol at least in the early stages of your quit until you get a good handle on your quit.

Good response by Bazooka. 

I'd just reiterate that whatever your plan was last time, it was lacking in the one thing that played the biggest role in the SUCCESS of every single person here...

1) Support from other dudes who know what the fuck is going on with quitting dip. 

Your girlfriend obviously doesn't understand shit. It's not her fault. She is not a nicotine addict. She is not quit. She doesn't know how important this shit is. Neither do you. But stick around, you might. 

7 hours ago, Jaws4dayz said:

I quit for three days, and honestly the cravings weren't so bad but I was constantly irritable. I kept getting snappy at my GF and then we started talking about ending the relationship. After I threw a dip in things between us got better. I swear quiting dip is worse for the people around me, then it is for me. Anyone successfully kept a cool head while quiting? 

I am on day 3 of my quit with my support through the community here. I had a failed quit that lasted approx. 2 years, and I did not have the support that I have now. Sure, my girlfriend (she is my wife now) said she "supported" me, but she does not understand and she will not understand -- likewise, your girlfriend will not understand either. Bazooka gives a nice point -- exercise will dull some of the irritability and provide some relief. I strongly suggest it.

I am irritable right now, but my wife is the last person I would take it out on. 

That’s a classic addict excuse....finding a reason to use.  You gotta work your way through what many call the Quit Rage!  Try to keep it to yourself and spew it out here.  We can take it

Guest Fpotter

I know,this is an old forum but need to talk I quit in December cold turkey. Because my gf and I got in an arguement. And I'm still getting irritable and jump the gun on a lot of things and get angry at the stupidst suff. Which I never did when I was dipping any thoughts or hints to help,with it?

45 minutes ago, Guest Fpotter said:

I know,this is an old forum but need to talk I quit in December cold turkey. Because my gf and I got in an arguement. And I'm still getting irritable and jump the gun on a lot of things and get angry at the stupidst suff. Which I never did when I was dipping any thoughts or hints to help,with it?

There’s some good advice posted above. Drink a lot of water. No, more than that.  And exercise. Get on a treadmill and run. 

Alternatively, you could turn that anger back towards the nicotine addiction that’s owned your ass all these years and still does. Also, btw, You have to quit for yourself because you’re tired of getting dryhumped by a can of cancer that wants to kill you, not because you had a fight with your gf..... 

you can join here, post a promise & hold yourself accountable. Be quit.

38 minutes ago, Guest Fpotter said:

It's just realness. As a dipper I would constantly try to escape/be special, either leave to go dip where no one could see, stay on the shitter for an hour, make up a reason to go to the store at midnight etc. Then when I quit and had no need to escape anymore and started living out my life, I would get angry at the stupid stuff like why is my life filled with all this stupid shit, well, I wasn't in control because I was always escaping to dip somewhere else physically or mentally. Life fills up with dumb shit as a default. But as long as you are quit, it's probably ok to love and accept yourself, and at the stage you're at in quit, being quit is enough.

Good advice above. 

People like us tend to be irritable and short fused. Rather than ever confronting these issues like adults, we spent our adult lives shoving cancer turds in our lips 24 hours a day, and acting like we were dealing with shit. 

If you think you're still suffering from withdrawal, it would be from still thinking you are probably going to dip again someday, and maybe you are getting impatient. We work on developing a mindset here that removes the white knuckle aspect, and liberates you from that bullshit. 

Congrats on quitting. Make it stick. We can help. 

1 hour ago, Guest Fpotter said:

Dip won’t help you in any situation.  Hang out here and post scroll every day will get you going in the right direction.  If you were quit you wouldn’t be thinking about dip controlling you after 2 months.  We will show you how to actively become quit instead of letting doubt and bad thoughts enter your mind.

1 hour ago, QuitSpeak said:

It's just realness. As a dipper I would constantly try to escape/be special, either leave to go dip where no one could see, stay on the shitter for an hour, make up a reason to go to the store at midnight etc. Then when I quit and had no need to escape anymore and started living out my life, I would get angry at the stupid stuff like why is my life filled with all this stupid shit, well, I wasn't in control because I was always escaping to dip somewhere else physically or mentally. Life fills up with dumb shit as a default. But as long as you are quit, it's probably ok to love and accept yourself, and at the stage you're at in quit, being quit is enough.

This.  You are irritable because life is full of irritating things, and you were using tobacco as a crutch to escape it.  I used to think nothing bothered me, but I just realized I was ignoring most things because I was leaning on the dip to get me past it.  

I still cope with irritability from time to time, and my wife gets the brunt of it, but both of us are glad I am not using, and I have learned that I can get past the irritating without turning to an addictive leaf.  Once the fog clears and you get past the early hurdles quitting places before you, you can recalibrate your senses so that you can let the irritation pass without the artificial relief.  But for now, eyes on the prize and focus on the main goal - quit.  If that makes you irritable in the short term, so be it.  

Please fill in your quit date here.
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this