Quitting Dip
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jay

Heart Palpations Racing since quiting

Guest Jay

Hi,

I have dipped for over 10 years and I am 37 years old.  Since I have quit, 3 plus weeks, i have been experiencing heart palpations/racing  sensation in my chest.  Its very uncomfortable and I am experiencing it more frequently (mostly when resting or sitting down in evening).  I am an athlete and I have a heart rate under 60 and BP of 110/70.  Is this a normal sensation or withdrawl after quiting?  I also have fatigue and I feel like i am in a fog a lot, although the last fews days the fog has been minimal and I am thinking more clearly.

Thanks

Yo Jay. I'd probably get it checked out if it persists, or right away if you're freaked out. You might want to research the effects of caffeine in the aftermath of quitting. It's effects are amplified, and that is added to the fact that many guys ramp up coffee/soda intake to combat fog/fatigue. You been hammering coffee? Knock it off. Regardless of what is causing it, one thing you can know for sure is that dipping isn't going to cure it. Congrats on being quit three weeks. Sign up, make it stick. 

Guest Jay

Thanks for the reply!  Yes i have been trying to limit sugars/caffeine.  I have 3-4 coffees a week but some are decaf, and I have 2-3 sodas a week.  I should probably eliminate them completely and limit sugar intake, I have 4-5 homemade smoothies a week.  

My body has gone through a lot of change over the last year, as I am one year sober from alcohol and have lost 25 lbs.   Tobacco use increased after I quit drinking, but now I am taking care of that bad habit too.   Another change has been my diet, healthier foods now.  So my body chemistry is probably trying to get back in order.

I have involuntary muscle twitching in calves and arms, but an MRI and EMG showed no nerve damage and that they are firing normally.  Blood work (for what they tested) checked out normal and Doctors still don't know why I am having these symptoms. So recently I have come to the conclusion that its from all the stimulants.  Has anyone else dealt with something similar?

Get an intro for lots of back and forth dude. There's whole areas of the site for that. 

On 3/19/2018 at 5:10 PM, Guest Jay said:

Thanks for the reply!  Yes i have been trying to limit sugars/caffeine.  I have 3-4 coffees a week but some are decaf, and I have 2-3 sodas a week.  I should probably eliminate them completely and limit sugar intake, I have 4-5 homemade smoothies a week.  

My body has gone through a lot of change over the last year, as I am one year sober from alcohol and have lost 25 lbs.   Tobacco use increased after I quit drinking, but now I am taking care of that bad habit too.   Another change has been my diet, healthier foods now.  So my body chemistry is probably trying to get back in order.

I have involuntary muscle twitching in calves and arms, but an MRI and EMG showed no nerve damage and that they are firing normally.  Blood work (for what they tested) checked out normal and Doctors still don't know why I am having these symptoms. So recently I have come to the conclusion that its from all the stimulants.  Has anyone else dealt with something similar?

Your body has been so jacked up on stimulants it is no wonder you are freaked. We were all freaked out at first.

DOnt know about you but I never did too well staying away from the shit left up to my own addict behaviours. You will never have to go through all of that again just as long as you quit and stay that way. We are here to offer you support and brotherhood. Become a member. Become a badass quitter. Never look back.

Please fill in your quit date here.
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this