Quitting Dip
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest

Hey Hey

Guest Guest

I have been chewing 1 dip a day of [REDACTED BRAND NAME OF PUSSY DIP THAT IS "50%" ] I have been having a terrible time mentally. I have been on a different quit website and have gained all sorts of false guilt from picking up the can and among a few other things. I was quit for 201 days and then I fell off the wagon. The whole time feeling like I was in a jail sentence. Now I do not know wether its better for me to quit of not. Obviously for health reasons its better for me to quit but for my mental state of mind I do not know what would be better at this point. I am just wondering what would be different on this site compared to the other. Or is it the same type of policing behavior and quitting based off fear? Let me know when you get a chance. Thanks

This is a zero nicotine / zero tolerance Quit site for those that are serious about being Quit for Life.   We Quit cold turkey here.  If your afraid of being called out for addict talk or for just being a dumbass in general - this might not be the place for you

If you can put your tender feeling off to the side and you really want to Quit - you’ve come to the right place 

Guest Guest

Thanks for the response. I am not looking for sympathy or anything. I just wanted to know if it was the same type of thing. I commend all of you for quitting and being quit. It is tough. You are all examples that it can be done!

So quit being a pussy, dump your little half dip in the toilet and find a nut sack. 

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

The whole time feeling like I was in a jail sentence.

This is the guts of your problem ... you're not ready to quit.  You're still a slave to a plant.  Instead of 210 days being liberating, your inner addict let it turn into a weight.  That same weight drug your ass to the bottom.  You wanted an out the entire time, and eventually gave yourself one.  To top it off, you consider the guilt laid on you for failing as "false".

Life is tough buttercup ... a lot tougher when you're stupid.  

Guest Guest
12 minutes ago, Lipi said:

So quit being a pussy, dump your little half dip in the toilet and find a nut sack. 

Sorry Lipi, I am not prepared yet. I was not ready for the mental side of the quit. I was not prepared for everyday thinking about it and not understanding that it is something that I did to myself and it will never go away. 

Guest Guest
16 minutes ago, Lipi said:

Sorry Lipi, I am not prepared yet. I was not prepared for the mental game and I did not understand that it will stick with me for the rest of my life. I will think about it everyday but will not be able to use.

God, you're such a fucking victim. Boo hoo. 

You're not special. You're not more addicted than anyone. 

Fucking grow up. 

29 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

I will think about it everyday but will not be able to use.

That’s your problem, why are you thinking about it? It’s not that you won’t be able to use, it’s that you won’t ever want to use again. I’ve quit for 131 days now, and i don’t want to dip. Ever. There’s no better life choice than to quit. Once you understand that there is NOTHING good that comes from dipping, you won’t worry about not being able to dip anymore.

Learn to hate nicotine. How did you not reap benefits of stopping for 200+ Days? That’s crap dude 

26 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Sorry Lipi, I am not prepared yet. I was not prepared for the mental game and I did not understand that it will stick with me for the rest of my life. I will think about it everyday but will not be able to use.

Life isn't going to wait for you to be ready, and neither are we. This is not a mental game where you trick yourself into thinking bad things about dip but you secretly love it and yearn for it all day. Take off your dip-colored sunglasses and face the truth.

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

quitting based off fear

No.  We quit "based off" winning.  When you're ready to win, when you're ready for freedom and glory, sign up and join us.

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Now I do not know wether its better for me to quit of not. Obviously for health reasons its better for me to quit but for my mental state of mind I do not know what would be better at this point.

This is completely insane...but I thought it too.  We all did.  Nicotine does nothing but lessen the withdrawal symptoms from not using nicotine...for 3-5 days.  After that it's all in your head - see JFrank's post above.  You've never quit before.  You stopped for a period of time, but you were never quit.

Cold turkey quit.  Join us and win.

Guest Guest

Day 2....quit trying to tell people not to wean. I have talked to a lot of people that wean off of the crap and it works good. Guess what... Thats cold turkey too... I feel amazing today and did yesterday too... Quitting abruptly with no thought of quitting sent my brain into crazy mode. Now that I thought about it after a month I decided I want to be quit. So I wean off for a few weeks and it worked good.

My advice to anyone...if you fall off the wagon...control yourself and then keep quitting...

11 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Day 2....quit trying to tell people not to wean. I have talked to a lot of people that wean off of the crap and it works good. Guess what... Thats cold turkey too... I feel amazing today and did yesterday too... Quitting abruptly with no thought of quitting sent my brain into crazy mode. Now that I thought about it after a month I decided I want to be quit. So I wean off for a few weeks and it worked good.

My advice to anyone...if you fall off the wagon...control yourself and then keep quitting...

Definitely an aggie.

40 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Nothing you say=quit.  Why are you, a non-quitter, giving out quit advice on this quit site?

53 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

I have talked to a lot of people that wean off of the crap and it works good.

Where do you talk to them? How do you know it "works good". Why wean when you can quit?

You are mostly concerned with the physical withdrawal. That shit is a joke. It is only a factor for 4 or 5 days at most. What then? People like you get there and you have no tools to stay quit, no will power, no support, no plan, and no chance for success. 

But keep touting your bullshit "wean" crutch, pussy. 

Guest Guest

The next thing you will say is that I need to sign up...I seriously had a mental breakdown over quitting for 6 months...because of 60 year old men trying to tell me I am going to die if I go back to using any form of nicotine. I don't know. I do not want to be real involved. Honestly, I feel this is between me and me alone. If I need to reach out I can talk to a family member or talk as a guest on these 3 different sites that all say they know how to quit.

There would have to be a real good reason for me to sign up for this site when the other has over 30,000 members.

1 minute ago, Guest Guest said:

.I seriously had a mental breakdown over quitting for 6 months

:craycray:

Guest Guest

Alright, I was thinking about it. But I will go. Anyways, like I said previously, I have all the respect in the world for all of you. Quitting is hard. Staying quit is hard. Its a mind game. Just have to keep reminding yourself that a lot of people before me have stayed nicotine free. They have quit and still are.

Just now, Guest Guest said:

Quitting is hard. Staying quit is hard. 

Quitting is awesome. And it's easy when you stop acting like a pussy. 

1 minute ago, Guest Guest said:

Alright, I was thinking about it. But I will go.

I didn't tell you to go, just trying to help you understand that this place doesn't benefit from you "signing up". YOU benefit from you signing up. 

Guest Guest

Lipi, seriously, anymore mental health is not something to be making fun of. 1 in 3 adults suffer from a mental health crisis in their lifetime. I was the same once as you. Thinking depression and anxiety are figments of the imagination and are funny. Thinking I am the strongest person in the world. Then wham...Right in the face. Little did I know that all of my depression and anxiety were hiding behind a can. Not realizing I have never dealt with any stress or anxieties on my own. 

At least now I am strong enough to want to live my life pure. 

I wasn't making fun of your mental health. I was laughing at the fact that you think you are so specially addicted that just the thought of quitting gave you a 6 month breakdown. Meanwhile you were using nicotine the whole time, while acting like it was quitting that was causing your problems, when you weren't quit. That would be irony if you understood the joke.  

I agree that you likely had underlying mental health issues, and that is not something to make fun of. 

Guest Guest

No one wants me to quit. Not my parents or my wife and family. I checked myself into a crisis and stabilization center a month ago. Its probably best if I do this on my own and do not sign up anywhere. Because yes, it is false guilt for me if I let anyone on a message board down if I fail. 

I have been doing good for the last month and now have decided to quit again on my own after I had 1 dip a day and was weaning off. 

Okay, I agree you should have professional supervision. Good luck! 

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

You're in no place to give anyone quitting advice, especially to "anyone".  

55 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

because of 60 year old men trying to tell me I am going to die if I go back to using any form of nicotine.

@8meds he doesn't like the advice of 60 year old men. :true:

Pssst, guest : you are going to die either way, nicotine is just going to cause you to die prematurely. 

Agreed .... you should leave and come back when your ready to quit .... you truly are not ready to quit at the pace that is expected here    

Typically the phrase "good luck" is not accepted here - because quitting is not Luck - its is a personal choice that requires unwavering dedication ..... but with you - I will say Good Luck - i think your gonna need it

Man I'm glad I'm not a nicotine slave anymore. 

I'm so glad I came here, signed-up, read, realized I'm not special, and quit hard starting on Day 1.

It changed my life.

Anyone can do it.  Most won't.

4 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

There would have to be a real good reason for me to sign up for this site when the other has over 30,000 members.

That one sounds like your home ... if it doesn't rub against your snowflake persona too hard, you should return.

6 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

The next thing you will say is that I need to sign up.

No. You need to be quit. 

I do not want to be real involved. Honestly, I feel this is between me and me alone.

Then definitely don't signup. We've enough parasites already. 

If I need to reach out I can talk to a family member 

The last time you stopped did they hold you accountable when you inevitably started using again?

We're quit. Most of them are not 

Lipi, seriously, anymore mental health is not something to be making fun of. 1 in 3 adults suffer from a mental health crisis in their lifetime. I was the same once as you. Thinking depression and anxiety are figments of the imagination and are funny. Thinking I am the strongest person in the world. Then wham...Right in the face. Little did I know that all of my depression and anxiety were hiding behind a can. Not realizing I have never dealt with any stress or anxieties on my own. 

At least now I am strong enough to want to live my life pure. 

I seriously think this is Cansuckit trolling...

13 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

message board

This is not a message board. This is a brotherhood of actual quitters that exchanged their addicted vaginas for quit wood. 

14 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

No one wants me to quit.

Wrong. We want you to quit. And if your family doesn’t really want you to quit, you might want to reduce your life insurance coverage because no one should ever want a family member to die unless it means big bucks.

15 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

This is not how you quit. This is that addicted vagina talking. This is a lack of commitment, disbelief in not only yourself but the method we hold dear, and lack of self control. If you actually want to be quit, you be quit. If you are giving yourself opportunity or grace to lose, you will. 

I think what everyone here is trying to say is “nut up or shut up.” Cause you don’t know what you’re talking about when it comes to quit. 

17 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

hahahaha, whatever. Stop, dont stop, enjoy the wagon ride. Control yourself? and then keep quitting? Makes no sense since you obviously have no control. You are a nicotine addict. You dont know shit about cold turkey or being a quitter. 

Ive been to that other place and watched guys like you limp along and drag others down with that weak ass wagon talk. Boom gone before a year. My takeaway from that experience is that those guys werent hardcore enough quitters so I came here. That give you any inkling as to how we operate?

You can take your advice and your wagon and  start your own forum or you can pull your head out, take the dip out of your ears, post scroll and be a person that is Quit. That can happen now or you can keep fucking around looking for someone to agree with you. Adapt and overcome or keep failing with your excuses like addicts do.

Edited by monkey

Please fill in your quit date here.
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this