Quitting Dip
Guest King Pin

Is this the best way Really

Guest King Pin

Last week I started visiting sites to quit dip and well I found this one and have been reading on here. This place seems to think Cold turkey is the best way, other sites seem to believe that cutting back is the best way and I have ask at other sites and received really no response. Maybe I will get a response here. Is cold Turkey REALLY the best way and how exactly does this work. What I read is I simply just have to put my name and the number of my day quit in a row? Well hope to here from someone.

Cold turkey is the only way to quit. Backing off isn't quitting it's just attempting to control an addiction you obviously can't control. Cold turkey scares an addict.

If you quit you have 3 days of physical withdrawals. Then it's mind games which can be won. Backing down gives you lots of craves that you constantly feed contributing to the mindset that you can't do this.

You can do this but cold turkey is the only way. Think about it... To quit, at some point you have to totally quit.

When I was a using addict I wanted a magic method to quit painlessly.  The idea of giving up something I did for 30+ years seemed impossible.  I stumbled upon a quit site at day 2 and read all about quitting cold turkey.  I bought in and will always believe this is the only way.  

After a week or so you become a different person because you experience freedom from an addictive drug.  At some point you learn how to be quit and your life is never the same.  

The key is doing this with people that have gone through everything a new curious addict is going through.  Being left alone with no accountability will lead a guy back to the can.  I’ve been quit over 4 years and have posted my day first thing with no misses.  

Almost everyone that is quit has a similar story.  I guarantee our method works 100% of the time if you are a man of your word and post your promise 1st thing.  It really is that simple.  If you stop being a pussy and post a day 1 NOW you will be free from the can and not sneaking around on Thanksgiving for your post turkey fix.  

Edited by IndianaMike

Every time I tried to quit and failed, my addiction came back with a vengeance. I dipped more often than I did before I tried to quit. I wanted to be fully quit for the rest of my life, but the reality is, with every fail, I began to sink into the acceptance that I would never really quit and accept my fate more and more. One day I found this site. The reality is, the question of whether or not "cold turkey" is the way to go is a dumb question. Yes its the way to go, otherwise you have not quit. To quit is to stop doing something completely. Cutting back isn't quitting. Quitting is quitting. The real question to ask is, "What do I do after I quit cold turkey?" The answer is found on this website. First you post your promise to everyone on this site that you aren't going to use tobacco today. If you're a man of integrity, you keep that promise. The second thing to do is to grow brotherhood. That brotherhood is not only a group of people you learn to trust, listen to, and even like. That brotherhood is another barrier between you and tobacco. Keep putting up barriers with the mindset "never again for any reason" and you will be well on your way to a lifestyle free of stinky breath, missing opportunities and memorable moments, brown fingertips, and risk of death from something that is always taking from you and never giving anything in return. You're doing too much research. You're overthinking. QUIT and get on scroll with us if you actually want to be done with that blood sucking leach of a drug. If you don't actually want to be free, keep straddling the fence. 

Edited by Rev

It's only the best method for quitting nicotine if 1) you want to be quit, and 2) you don't want to use again. 

4 hours ago, Owl said:

:rockon:

It would be worth a sig line....if the discussion about cutting back wasn't beneath discussion. 

There's not a ton to read as a guest anymore, but I know there's never been a word about "cutting down" except from someone getting ready to market some worthless product that "helps you" stay hooked, who then gets edited and stuck in the troll pen. 

It's great to remember every once in awhile what gigantic a-holes we were - how confused, conflicted, and self-absorbed we were when we were using.

I like to think that there's no way I ever could have typed something that pathetic, but the truth is I thought the exact same thing a thousand times. We all did.

The difference is - the moment I saw the scroll full of people who were obviously free and loving it, I thought, "I am so in - I am NOT special...and I am no longer alone."

How anyone could see a giant group of people kicking ass and think to themselves, "is that really the only way?" is completely beyond me.

This is your way out, man, you found it.  Start today.  Right now.  There's never been a better moment.

Quit hard or die.

Excuses. 

Yep, this all seems a bit strange. I thought, I don't see how this can work but I have tried everything else. Everything else didn't offer me a proper attitude to deal with this addiction. Fuck you nicotine I'm not gonna be your bitch anymore. 1200 plus days later my attitude hasn't changed.

Of all of the things said Lipi nailed it. Scroll back up to read his post again.

You're gonna have to answer that question yourself cause at the end of the day you will only receive your answer by quitting cold turkey. We can't and won't do it for you but you have our support. We have been there and know that this works.

I'm not surprised that you aren't getting responses from those other half ass, give me your money methods. They do sometimes try to market their shit here. Fuck them.

So, what's next question? Never mind.

Why not flush the garbage, post your promise, keep your promise and get on with your life today? Now is the time.

Edited by monkey

Guest hey

Well I started my quit yesterday and im on day 2 now I am not going to sign up because I am not going to make a commitment to a website, because I really don't get on the internet much and to get on here everyday just wont work for me. Feeling ok so far

26 minutes ago, Guest hey said:

Well I started my quit yesterday and im on day 2 now I am not going to sign up because I am not going to make a commitment to a website, because I really don't get on the internet much and to get on here everyday just wont work for me. Feeling ok so far

How many times have you tried to "quit" without a "website".  Newsflash - it doesn't work on your own.  Feel free to try the punch and cookies before you leave though.

31 minutes ago, Guest hey said:

Well I started my STOP yesterday and im on day 2 now I am not going to sign up because I am not going to make a commitment to a website, because I really don't get on the internet much and to get on here everyday just wont work for me. Feeling ok so far

Yeah...good luck, I guess.  I'd bet you had tried this "quitting" thing once or twice already...amirite?

41 minutes ago, Guest hey said:

Well I started my quit 730 days ago and I signed-up because everything else I had tried failed miserably.  Accountability + Brotherhood = Quit instantly made sense to me, so I decided to invest the time and effort required to achieve both.

Now I'm free and feel better than I have since I was a little kid.  All because of my commitment...not to a website...to a community of like-minded, badass quitters.

54 minutes ago, Guest hey said:

to get on here everyday just wont work for me.

"I'd rather struggle miserably and then fail, rather than try to quit"

54 minutes ago, Guest hey said:

Feeling ok so far

Who gives a fuck if you don't. 

2 hours ago, Guest hey said:

You understand enough of it to login here (again) and drop this little tease of a post, don't you?  I think what you mean is, "I'm not going to make a commitment to quit, because I'm not sure I can do this". 

You can do this.  We can help you.  Not if you're not ready. 

Don't login as a guest and tell us your day count ... post that shit on your fridge.  When you're ready to cannonball into quit, create an account, post a daily promise, post an intro, find your marbles.

3 hours ago, Guest hey said:

I am not going to make a commitment to a website

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of what is going on here. When I post scroll every morning I make a commitment to myself and the people I have come to know on this website that I am and will be quit. I don't commit shit to a website. 

Guest hey
4 hours ago, BigKahuna said:

Yeah...good luck, I guess.  I'd bet you had tried this "quitting" thing once or twice already...amirite?

No your wrong this is my first attempt at quitting and I have people that im am quitting with and we are holding each other accountable. Working so far I wont post here again I read some material on here that made me want to come back.

4 hours ago, Guest hey said:

to get on here everyday just wont work for me. Feeling ok so far

Good Luck with that    :ROFL:

Guest hey
4 hours ago, Lipi said:

"I'd rather struggle miserably and then fail, rather than try to quit"

Who gives a fuck if you don't. 

Well you seem like a dick another reason for me not to be on a website. Muscle head  Keyboard junkies MEN/WOMEN that have nothing better to do.

10 minutes ago, Guest hey said:

I have people that im am quitting with and we are holding each other accountable.

Are they your buddies?

Will they curse you, call you the worse names imaginable, stop being your friend, and hold your feet to the fire when you cave? If the answer is "no”, then they're not gonna hold you accountable. 

9 minutes ago, Guest hey said:

Well you seem like a dick another reason for me not to be on a website. Muscle head  Keyboard junkies MEN/WOMEN that have nothing better to do.

yup ..... just that .... he's a dick but he's also been rock solid quit for over 4 years and your on your way to another day one ...... With the type of intro you dropped - don't expect any form of respect .... you haven't earned it yet

1 hour ago, Guest hey said:

Dude, your punctuation is horrendous. We communicate via the written word here, and illiterates never do well. You're probably right, it's not a good fit. You've got your badass real world accountability, and I just live to bully losers on the internet, because I've got nothing better to do, and I am a weakling with Napoleon complex, living in my mom's basement, and have no real responsibility whatsoever. Thanks for the wake up call, I have some introspection to do. 

2 hours ago, Guest hey said:

No your wrong this is my first attempt at quitting and I have people that im am quitting with and we are holding each other accountable. Working so far I wont post here again I read some material on here that made me want to come back.

Sounds like you got it dude. Natural born quitter.

1 hour ago, Lipi said:

Dude, your punctuation is horrendous. We communicate via the written word here, and illiterates never do well. You're probably right, it's not a good fit. You've got your badass real world accountability, and I just live to bully losers on the internet, because I've got nothing better to do, and I am a weakling with Napoleon complex, living in my mom's basement, and have no real responsibility whatsoever. Thanks for the wake up call, I have some introspection to do. 

This was flippant, and unnecessary.

Quitting is life and death, dude.

Halfway doesn't work. 

When you fail four or five times with your real world enablers, we'll still be here, you'll just be further from my number, and closer to death. 

2 hours ago, Lipi said:

Unnecessary.

Quoted without reading. Nothing to see here.

Edited by Pre
Unnecessary

Think or say whatever you want about the quitters here, we don't care.

We have chosen this path and it works for us. It will not work for you because you already have excuses lined up that say it won't.

Excuses. Learning to live a life that isn't riddled with them is the method here. Getting there requires a nut sack and the no bullshit, tired of being controlled by nicotine attitude we have here.

If we get a bit flippant it is because you are not special and guys come in with the same ole excuses ridden crap all the time.

That said, if you aren't gonna commit to the method thank you for not signing up. This only works when you want it now, today. 

1300 days ago I signed on and thought this probably wasn't gonna work for me. Glad I was fucking wrong.

Edited by monkey

Please fill in your quit date here.
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.