Quitting Dip
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pzen

Crazy withdrawals after 3 months

Guest Pzen

Hi everyone,

New to the forum and didnt know where to turn for support, so Im trying this.

I quit nicotine 90 days ago and I must admit, its been really rough. I still regularly get a lot of withdrawal symptoms and I even dreamt anout smoking a couple of nights ago.

The hardest part hasnt been the eating, sleepiness, lack of focus, tinnitus or nausea. Its actually that I’ve developed ruminating thoughts, anxiety and a nervousness that I never had before quitting. Its kinda driving me mad, but Im soldiering on.

I guess I just wanted to vent a little bit and to see if anybody else could relate to my problems. 

Lots of love to you all <3

Hey- yeah, that sounds pretty normal and all the fixes are pretty simple. After three months you should be just about out of the phase that I called "the stupids", where I couldn't focus at work and was an airhead.  Eating is unrelated to nicotine, though most of us did gain weight after quitting. If you want to eat less, stop eating more.  Sleeping is also a normal part of life that nicotine slaves need less of, mostly because your body has to wake up all the time for a fix. Just sleep more, you'll be less sleepy when you are awake. Your anxiety and nervousness might be about being in the world without your addiction completely dominating your thoughts and focus, so now you are experiencing what is known as "life". If you think you need help with that, like it's a clinical problem see a doctor. Maybe try to worry less, and get exercise. If you think dip or smoking is going to cure it, it doesn't. It masks it by making your life revolve around a stupid plant. Nicotine is not magic. Don't romance it. Change your mindset. Not easy to do on your own. Sign up and hang out, that will do the trick. Or whatever. 

Dreams? Yeah, we've all had them. Don't sweat dreams bruh. 

1 hour ago, Guest Pzen said:

Hi everyone,

I quit nicotine 90 days ago and I must admit, its been really rough. I still regularly get a lot of withdrawal symptoms and I even dreamt anout smoking a couple of nights ago.

The hardest part hasnt been the eating, sleepiness, lack of focus, tinnitus or nausea. Its actually that I’ve developed ruminating thoughts, anxiety and a nervousness that I never had before quitting. Its kinda driving me mad, but Im soldiering on.

I guess I just wanted to vent a little bit and to see if anybody else could relate to my problems. 

All normal, and it will all go away once you realize none of it has anything to do with nicotine.  Physical withdrawals last 3-5 days, that's it.  Great job not using for 90 days.  Now the mental shift from missing and romanticizing nicotine to hating it and loving freedom instead will solve all your problems and more.

Nice work signing up @Pzen

Get on the scroll and you get more access. Become a quitter and you get more access. 

6 hours ago, Guest Pzen said:

Hi everyone,

Ninetyish days is a rough time for many myself included, here I am quit. Here nicotine is not an option and we take it off the table first thing every day with a scroll post. Are you sure all of that is a result of nicotine withdrawal? Could be. NB we promise you quit not a rose garden.

13 hours ago, QuitSpeak said:

Ninetyish days is a rough time for many myself included, here I am quit. Here nicotine is not an option and we take it off the table first thing every day with a scroll post. Are you sure all of that is a result of nicotine withdrawal? Could be. NB we promise you quit not a rose garden.

That is a better take than mine. I think I was being a cock because you hear someone say "I'm having terrible withdrawals at day 90" and it's pretty easy to say, "you're doing it wrong". Because we know there's a right way to do it, and he's not on the program. 

17 hours ago, QuitSpeak said:

Yeah I thought this sounded too LNF but I forgot this dude’s been on his own 

After initially laughing at Owl's comment, after review, he is correct. That was written by a woman. 

Please fill in your quit date here.
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this