Quitting Dip

Quitting Dip on Sunday, February 24, 2019

NotSloth

The members here quit nicotine through the same process, quitting chewing tobacco via the accountability offered by this website, and quitting cold turkey. The following was written today by a member of QuittingDip.com

One of the biggest reasons my quit came to be was me asking myself the question, “why are you doing this?”. It’s a question I was unable to answer, and at the same time I found it much easier to answer the question “why wouldn’t you do this?”. The reasons for not dipping pile up easily. I’ll start off as a salesman for quitting dip:

Do you enjoy not having cancer?

Do you like falling asleep easily and waking up rested?

Do you like having extra pocket money?

Do you like not having to hide spit cans and brown teeth from your loved ones?

I could go on, but you get the point. Likely, you’ve reasoned all of these in your mind before. You know that logically you shouldn’t continue this practice, yet, for some reason, you continue. Why? Why keep dipping if you know there is literally no good reason to continue? The answer is simple: you aren’t taking control of the decision. You’ve allowed the reasonable part of you to take a back seat while the dumbass part of you drives the car. It’s time to take back the wheel. One of the most liberating moments I had was the moment when I decided to quit. I took a full can of dip, I dumped it in the toilet, and watched it all go down the drain. I would highly recommend this. You will be surprised at how hard it is to dump that can, but once you do a feeling of power and control will wash over you. After that, take it one day at a time. Don’t think about being quit 4 years from now, think about making it to next week. Once you’re at next week, think about making it to the next month. Before you know it, you won’t even be thinking about dip.

Use this website as a tool to aid your quit. Post scroll in the Plebe Quit Scroll every morning. Get involved. Writing posts about how strong your quit is will strengthen your quit and resolve to keep your daily promise. You can do it, you can get rid of the addiction. Dump that can in the toilet, post scroll, and start the next chapter of your clean and free life.

THE ONLY WAY TO QUIT DIPPING IS TO QUIT COLD TURKEY. 

You might not be ready to hear that, but you wouldn't be reading this if you didn't already know it. You are likely to be here after hundreds of aborted mini-attempts to "kick the habit". You can't quit halfway. You also can't use nicotine replacement products. No vaping. No nicotine lozenges. No nicotine gum.  Why not? Because you can't quit nicotine by using a different form of nicotine.

When you are in the cycle of being desperate to quit, but terrified of quitting, everything can seem overwhelming. Quitting dip is a lot easier than you think. It is all a mind game, and we know all the ways to win. If you are ready to quit, the best way to quit cold turkey is to join this site, and start posting. 

Once you are a member you can start an introduction where you can tell the other members about yourself, or just get right to it and put your screen name and "Day 1" on the "Quit Scroll" with today's date. 

If you aren't ready for that, or don't know if this will work for you, as a guest you can read some "speeches" of dudes who have been in your shoes. 

If you just about ready to pull the trigger but you're scared, stop being a pussy. There is a section in the support center full of posts encouraging guys like you to get in the game. 

Just throw up a post somewhere, someone is going to see it. You can also post below with questions or comments before you sign up

Edited by NotJamesGordon
  • Like 1