Quitting Dip

Quit Dipping Thursday, July 25th 2019

NotSloth

I was able to quit dipping because I give these guys my word daily.  Somehow the days add up and you become the man you were supposed to be.  No one was created to be a slave to a plant.   I know now that it was holding me back. Keeping me from enjoying life to the fullest. Making me look small to friends and family. Contributing to stress. Making me a slave. A powerless bitch. Now? I am a fucking bad ass. I quit dipping.  Even though I will always be an addict, I never think about or consider using chewing tobacco anymore.  I would have never thought that to be possible but it's true.  Here there are a bunch of bad ass quitters that are a few weeks, months, or years ahead of where you are tonight.  We all decided that we were going to grow up and not be a pussy anymore.  We've all been sitting where you are tonight.  If you do the work, our method is 100% guaranteed.  We are here to help.  

Holding on to a “trophy can” to prove you are strong enough to look at it without using it? Dumb. Think you need to keep a can for “just in case”? There is absolutely no sense in keeping an emergency can around.  That's like an alcoholic keeping a sixer in the fridge, just in case.  Neither are fully invested in their quits.  If you don't fully invest, you fail.  There are a bunch of guys in your corner, rooting for you to win.  You need to quit dipping, it could save your life.  There is nothing that fucking evil weed ever did for you except get its hooks in you, and make you pay a shit-ton of money for a chance at cancer.  Fuck that.  You made a great decision to quit, now it's just a matter of sticking to the plan.   Fight through this shit minute by minute if you have to.  You put your name on scroll, promising not to use.  That's a promise you made to yourself, and to all of us.  A real man of integrity never goes back on his promises ... his word carries value.  Wake up tomorrow, and first fucking thing make that promise here on scroll.  Once completed, using is off the table!  That's the beauty of our system.  Embrace it, freedom is on the other side!!  It's gonna suck until it doesn't.  We're all here to tell you, from 7 days quit to 2000+ days quit ... the juice is worth the squeeze. 

Another reason this website works, the reason you see so many large numbers is that we all realize there is no reset button here.  We take pride in knowing that others can put a value to our promise.  If you yourself think maybe you can't keep a promise, you're toast.  This will be just another stoppage ... not a quit.  Don't be that dude.  Don't be a disappointment, again. Sure, in the past some of us tried quitting dip and failed ... but that was when we were depending on our friends/family for accountability. They can’t hold you accountable, because they are not willing to throw away that relationship just because you went back on your promise to never dip again. 

Once we bought into the support group here at QD, everything changed.  We became part of a community of badass former addicts.  There is no god damn way I'll ever disappoint myself, or the quitters here ... never.  Once you want that level of quit, you just need to execute.  Listen, read, learn.  

It's time to Quit Dipping. 

You wouldn't be reading this if you didn't know that. People don't casually browse the internet for cures to an addiction that you don't have. You know you are addicted, whether you admit or not. You're not sure? Have you ever tried to quit before, and failed? How many times? 

No matter what strategy you have employed in the past, we all know it hasn’t worked. This place will. The excuses you have used in the past won’t work here. The temporary withdrawal symptoms of quitting dipping are not going to kill you.  We know, because we all survived them. They're actually not that hard to manage if you have the correct mindset. No, you're not more addicted than we were. No, we don't care what brand you used to chew. Yes, you can actually function at work and home without your “crutch” to make you “more relaxed”.

Your life will improve dramatically once you quit dipping. You might remember stopping for a few weeks, and you have an idea that it was hell 'because you had quit'. It was hell because you didn’t know how to quit until now.  We’ll change your mindset, and we will lay out the timeline of quitting nicotine. The only thing that you need to do to succeed in a 100% effective method of quitting dipping is to show up here every day, listen to the advice of the members, and follow the only two rules we have here....

Post your promise not to dip every morning, and keep your word. 

If you are ready to quit, go to today's Quit Scrolland post your name and Day 1. Look for messages on the scroll or in your inbox from other dudes who have done this already. Or start an intro, and you can have a centralized place for people to welcome you, offer some advice, or kick your ass when you need it. If you think you are not ready to quit, what are you waiting for?

• Like 1