Quitting Dip

Quitting Dip on Tuesday, November 26, 2019

NotSloth

If you are looking for a quit dipping support group, all of the members here quit dipping using the same process, through the accountability offered by this website, and quitting dipping cold turkey. The following was written recently by a member of Quitting Dip.

It’s a mental game once you get past the physical withdrawal symptoms of quitting dipping. Those just last a few days. If it helps you early on, avoid the games, bars, and parties. Set yourself up for success at quitting dipping. Either way, I highly recommend fake dip, and keeping a can or two around, even if you don't feel like using it. Chewing gum makes my jaw hurt. Seeds shred my cheeks. For me, I knew fake wouldn’t kill me, so why not?  It was a very necessary part for me, to fight the oral fixation. Some guys feel you should quit all at once, that a substitute is just delaying total quit.  Me?  I used fake as a crutch, until I got past the need for anything in my lip.  It can really help when you're out with a bunch of dippers, or on a long drive or some shit and don't feel like dealing with craves. No one ever caved because they had too much fake lying around. This is not a contest to see who can make quitting the hardest, it’s a contest to see who can quit the longest. 

If you don't want to use fake because you want to beat the oral fixation at the same time, I respect that and lots of dudes have done it that way. But don't discount a tool in your bag just because it didn't help last time last time you tried to quit. There wasn’t a single moment when I romanticized dip because I was using fake. That’s the key. Use fake because you fucking hate nicotine, not because you’re just trying to replace it. Make sense? I didn’t care for Smokey Mountain too much but they offer some free tins of fake dip for new quitters. Hooch is very good. There are a million different brands out there, BUT you have to read carefully because some dickbags market something as tobacco free, but the product contains nicotine. Fuckers. Grinds was good. Jakes was meh. I still have some Teaza in my golf bag.

Fake is one tool.  This site is a huge tool.  Stay quit, at all costs.  This will end up being the first time you've actually quit dipping, and that means it's the only time that matters. By the end of my pathetic chew career, right before I quit dipping,  I was occasionally falling asleep with dips in, and had learned how to keep a dip in while eating... What's great now is not having one in at all, ever. Dip fucking sucks. 

Edited by NotJamesGordon