Quitting Dip
George335

It’s 1:30 in the morning and I’ve decided I’m sick of this disgusting habit.

Over the past couple years I’ve been down to about half a tin of pouches a day, but for some reason tonight I realized how gross this habit is. I’m done, and from what I’ve seen online this is the place to be to make sure I quit for good. 

Posted (edited)

George, being quit is pure freedom.  I was like you too and I grew a pair and decided to quit.  I knew it would be hard but I was tired of it all.

When I too stumbled upon this site I quickly was shown that quitting isn’t hard or impossible.  All I had to do was be a man of my word and to choose being quit over being a slave.

If you’re ready for freedom, head to the Plebe Scroll and post your name and day 1.  Once any of us post our name to the daily scroll we promise not to use nicotine in any form for that day.  I’ve made that daily promise 1,953 days in a row.  That’s over 5 years.

If you follow the path to freedom you will endure a couple days of withdrawal.  You will have to suck it up and ride that out.  In a couple days you will get measurably better. 

You won’t be alone.  There are over 50 quitters here.  Many with years of quit and a pair of dudes in their first week.  Read all you can on the site and learn about quit.  Hope to see you in the scroll!

Edited by IndianaMike
Auto correct

Posted (edited)

@George335 This is the place. Ive been where you are at 1:30 am dude. Youve been playing this game long enough to know that you cant step in half ass or nicotine will win. IndianaMike gave you some good advice.

No time like the present. Find your integrity but FIRST go flush whatever you got down the toilet along with whatever excuses youre holding on to and jump in. The water is freezing. The withdrawals suck. I did it, you can do it. No more time to be an excuse making nicotine addicted pussy. Make that promise, keep it, repeat. Read read read the site. Create and intro and engage in your Quit.  Now is the time. THis is the place.

Edited by monkey

I often found it was harder to lie to myself around that hour. My lips would be raw, gums destroyed. Heart beating too fast. Having trouble sleeping. Face feeling like leather. "This can't go on, what am I going to do, die because I can't stop?" "I'm quitting dip right now!"

Then, the next morning, ignore all that shit, and hit the gas station at dawn. "I'll quit dipping after my morning dump."

Post dump "Might as well finish the can."

Fast forward to 1:30 again- same grave concerns. Quitting again. Gas station again. For years. Misery. 

What a colossal pussy I was. Until all that shit was over. It's seriously as easy as making the decision to quit dipping, and making a promise not to dip anymore; you just have to never break your word. 

@George335 there's no consequences for dipping your toe in the water. When you're ready to break the cycle, quit. Then it all changes for the better. 

7 hours ago, George335 said:

Over the past couple years I’ve been down to about half a tin of pouches a day, but for some reason tonight I realized how gross this habit is. I’m done, and from what I’ve seen online this is the place to be to make sure I quit for good. 

You've made the first step in recognizing what you want.  Now to see if you come back to follow through.  Or, will you once again allow your addiction to control who you are.

We've done it, we've been there, and we can help you take back your life.  

Please register or sign in to track your quick date.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.