Quitting Dip
Sign in to follow this  
Joe Quitter

Tiger King memes

No internet sucks.  I’m not using Data to watch Tiger King. 

Get internet at home dumdum. I just got an unlimited plan with 100 mb ps hotspot for $100 a month. 

24 minutes ago, Lipi said:

Get internet at home dumdum. I just got an unlimited plan with 100 mb ps hotspot for $100 a month. 

It’s literally not available dude.  They stopped the big broadband rollout about 1/4 mile from my driveway.  Combine that with a 1/2 mile long drive, and only dial-up is available.  Dead serious.  We just use data, or go to work.   Neither works for streaming shit. 

I was talking about my cell phone. 

JCZsvPe.jpg

iUW6j2t.jpg

16 hours ago, Lipi said:

What carrier?

sprint

On 4/4/2020 at 7:54 PM, 8meds said:

data

when data is unlimited, there is no "data"

1 hour ago, Lipi said:

when data is unlimited, there is no "data"

Warning ... old guy reasoning coming:

I'm with Verizon, and unlimited.  But they splash everywhere that if one device uses x amounts of data, all the others will get throttled.  Meaning, back to the stone age for the rest of the month as far as connection speed goes.  When we first went unlimited, we streamed a couple of movies.  Holy shit the data they used.  The rest of our devices sure seemed fucking slow until the end of the month, when things "reset".

ONLY Verizon / AT&T available around here, and AT&T is shitty at the duck shack (see, non existing).  

Am I missing something?  

Full disclosure ... I spend about an hour a day in front of the idiot screen.  I would rather do almost anything else.  The wife?  Netflix would mean watching patterns unseen to date!  I don't think I would change much.  Shit TV is still Shit TV ... fuck all of it, especially since Virgil Ward / Championship fishing stopped.  :ROFL:  

26 minutes ago, 8meds said:

Warning ... old guy reasoning coming:

I'm with Verizon, and unlimited.  But they splash everywhere that if one device uses x amounts of data, all the others will get throttled.  Meaning, back to the stone age for the rest of the month as far as connection speed goes.  When we first went unlimited, we streamed a couple of movies.  Holy shit the data they used.  The rest of our devices sure seemed fucking slow until the end of the month, when things "reset".

ONLY Verizon / AT&T available around here, and AT&T is shitty at the duck shack (see, non existing).  

Am I missing something?  

Full disclosure ... I spend about an hour a day in front of the idiot screen.  I would rather do almost anything else.  The wife?  Netflix would mean watching patterns unseen to date!  I don't think I would change much.  Shit TV is still Shit TV ... fuck all of it, especially since Virgil Ward / Championship fishing stopped.  :ROFL:  

I used to work for Verizon so I’ll explain. So, first off nobody (for our purposes) has true unlimited. But, depending on the plan you have it’s a shared or individual plan.

If you have 4 people on one plan that doesn’t mean shared. So is your bill set that you pay “x” for data plus $20/line or do you pay “x”/line. For the x+20/line it is tied in with how much the collective uses,

however if you pay “x” per line then it is individual basis. So you have 15/25/50/75gb per person depending on what plan you’re paying for. 

if you’re on a shared plan x+20 I’d talk to your rep because this year they released a lot of great priced plans and you can probably save money. Make sure to look over everything though. 

once it’s individual you will have 15/25/50/75gb per person plus either 0/15/25/50 gb of hotspot data. 

When watching Netflix, you could turn down the resolution, it’s not that bad I promise, and watch tons of movies on 25gb 

3 hours ago, Jfrank said:

I used to work for Verizon so I’ll explain. So, first off nobody (for our purposes) has true unlimited. But, depending on the plan you have it’s a shared or individual plan.

If you have 4 people on one plan that doesn’t mean shared. So is your bill set that you pay “x” for data plus $20/line or do you pay “x”/line. For the x+20/line it is tied in with how much the collective uses,

however if you pay “x” per line then it is individual basis. So you have 15/25/50/75gb per person depending on what plan you’re paying for. 

if you’re on a shared plan x+20 I’d talk to your rep because this year they released a lot of great priced plans and you can probably save money. Make sure to look over everything though. 

once it’s individual you will have 15/25/50/75gb per person plus either 0/15/25/50 gb of hotspot data. 

When watching Netflix, you could turn down the resolution, it’s not that bad I promise, and watch tons of movies on 25gb 

You missed the part where I started with “old guy reasoning”, didn’t you.  
:rick2:

We are on beyond unlimited.  Looks to be $20 per line, so shared between devices that we own (2 phones, an IPad and a jet pack).  I’ll go talk to my rep.  But I still say fuck Netflix, even if it has Tigers. 

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, 8meds said:

You missed the part where I started with “old guy reasoning”, didn’t you.  
:rick2:

We are on beyond unlimited.  Looks to be $20 per line, so shared between devices that we own (2 phones, an IPad and a jet pack).  I’ll go talk to my rep.  But I still say fuck Netflix, even if it has Tigers. 

Nah I didn’t miss it. That’s why I broke it down so much hahaha 

With beyond unlimited, switch to the do more, you’ll get 50gb same price for phones plus the hotspot and tablet will become $10/month instead of 20. (One per line) 

edit: also, you’re on individual not shared, the tablets/jet packs are 20 but beyond is not a shared plan

Edited by Jfrank

There's three thing you can do... 1. go to your settings on whatever platform you're using (netflix, prime, etc);and lower the playback quality to the lowest ( from 4k to SD or whatever). That cuts data usage by 90%. 2. You can also grab a tablet/phone and que up 20 episodes you want to watch, and then download them at work. Then take them home and watch. If your tv is new enough you can watch the tablet/phone on the big tv via bluetooth. 3. Watch your trail cams and stay out of the tv thread. 

Get wifi and buy a smart TV. 

I need a new TV, gonna start shopping. Ours is 8 years old. 

20 hours ago, 8meds said:

I need a new TV, gonna start shopping. Ours is 8 years old. 

They're almost free now if you don't care about privacy.  

Please register or sign in to track your quick date.