Quitting Dip

Eagles Fan's Centurion Speech

Eagles fan

I dipped for 26 years before I finally QUIT. I started in high school my junior year and continued on through college. I started smoking  socially and stopped dipping for a little while in my 20’s and quit smoking and started back up again. I quit at age 41 and have continued to be QUIT since. Every 100 days is adding to the building blocks of quit that make my foundation of Quit stronger and stronger. I truly am blessed to have the kick ass quitters on this site to continue to support my quit and I will paying it forward.  Even though it's been over 6 years, I still look back on that decision to quit as one of the best decisions I've made for me, my health, and my family. I won't have to live with the fear of that shit stealing years off of my life or money out of my bank account. I have gone from Legionnaire down to plebe status again and needless to say it has been humbling, but it has taught me how to get back to where my quit started at and reinvigorated my resolve. It was truly a blessing in disguise and a second chance that I won't take for granted. I look forward to every next 100 days and continue to build a lifetime of kick ass QUIT!

• Like 6

Please fill in your quit date here.