Quitting Dip

MTCAN4EVER

Guest Mike

I registered some months back and dammed if I cannot remember which email or username I had. Is there anyway to back track it further or should I start a new account?  I'd hate to get some shit for a duplicate account etc...  Not new to quitting, on day 427.  My fear is getting bored and saying screw it.    Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings All,

In my previous life I was a 2-3 can a day dipper with 35 years experience rotting my gums, screwing up my stomach and staining my teeth.  450 Days ago I quit and completely understand the need to support new quitters and lean on more experienced hard asses to keep on the straight and narrow.  Nobody else understands the emotional, physical and mental anguish more than someone who has already been thru it.  My name looks different but to me it means Empty Can forever, I took that last dip well over a year ago and still have the empty Kodiak can in my car as a reminder of what a dumbass I would be if I ever picked up a new one.  

I live in Kentucky, enjoy a good bourbon every now and again and fishing is my escape.

Thanks,

Mike

Welcome Mike!  Glad you Quit and found your way here. My last tin lid is nailed to a corner post on the farm. Check in early each morning with your promise to yourself and us, read up and jump right in.  

18 minutes ago, MTCAN4EVER said:

still have the empty Kodiak can in my car as a reminder of what a dumbass I would be if I ever picked up a new one. 

I would throw it away. You dont need a reminder. You, me, and everyone that post here are dumbasses for using. Being QUIT AS FUCK is the only reminder I need to why I wont ever use again.

1 hour ago, MTCAN4EVER said:

Stopped 450 Days ago

still have the empty Kodiak can in my car

Ah, another Kavemart (KTC) transplant i’m assuming?  Spend some time reading everything you have access to, and you’ll learn how to shed the white knuckle bullshit in no time. Welcome. 

3 hours ago, Itchmay said:

You joined in April and decided to post an intro today. Why today? What’s different about today as opposed to the day you joined back in April?

Found out about the site in April from a friend, I was well into my quit at that time and running with a group who all quit about the same time using a Group Me app to communicate.  That group is down to me and one other....It's time I hung out with other successful quitters who are hardcore about it.

Edited by MTCAN4EVER

Found out about the site in April from a friend, I was well into my quit at that time and running with a group who all quit about the same time using a Group Me app to communicate.  That group is down to me and one other....It's time I hung out with other successful quitters who are hardcore about it.

We arent a large group but our core is Quit. That makes all the difference.

You need to make no assumptions about who you think we are as a group of quitters. Read the intros, Read the graveyard, engage in quit with the brotherhood and take no prisoners.

Fuck your reminder can dude. Toss that bitch in the trash where it shouldve been 450 days ago. No nonsense. No excuses - ever.

Watching a group of dudes slowly crawl to the inevitable can of poison and finding yourself among the last standing is a good start. Dont be surprised if you get some course correction in the way you think and speak Quit. Dont get butthurt and bail or youll be out there playing the Lone Ranger real fast.

Welcome to QD.

Edited by monkey
13 hours ago, MTCAN4EVER said:

Greetings All,

In my previous life I was a 2-3 can a day dipper with 35 years experience rotting my gums, screwing up my stomach and staining my teeth.  450 Days ago I quit and completely understand the need to support new quitters and lean on more experienced hard asses to keep on the straight and narrow.  Nobody else understands the emotional, physical and mental anguish more than someone who has already been thru it.  My name looks different but to me it means Empty Can forever, I took that last dip well over a year ago and still have the empty Kodiak can in my car as a reminder of what a dumbass I would be if I ever picked up a new one.  

I live in Kentucky, enjoy a good bourbon every now and again and fishing is my escape.

Thanks,

Mike

Welcome bud, my wife’s from KY ... and I happen to like bourbon and fishing as well.  32 years of use here, crushed it, and continue to crush it with my brothers here.  You may have noticed a difference right away, we call out BS immediately.  I like NOCAN4EVER, because fuck all cans.  Don’t treat that shit as the boogieman waiting for you in the darkness.   You don’t use, period.  There’s no chance of it, if you embrace the mentalities here.  

it’s freeing dude, jump in. 

Welcome. Good on you for coming to your senses and realizing most people are pussies when it comes to quitting for life. Recognize the traits of pussies and do the opposite. Develop your integrity and accountability so that trustworthiness oozes from your pores. That is the path to freedom. This is the place to develop and practice the traits of a quitter and stay on the correct path. If you start to veer off, we will point you back in the right direction. Following it is up to you.

Welcome.  I'm glad you're here.  You've seen a lot of people here calling you out for your can on the wall.  You'll see that the can isn't a trophy of pride, but a symbol of your weakness.  Once you've overcome it, it'll be worthless to you. You'll realize that you weren't overcoming the can itself, but your own weakness and addiction.  

Your current mindset removes responsibility from you and gives power to the can.  Unfuck your head and realize that you are quit.  You didn't overcome some powerful evil nicotine.  You've taken control of yourself, taken responsibility for your actions, and understand that you are in control of your destiny.

It may not seem to be a big distinction, but it is. The power dynamic changes and gives you back control. 

Food for thought 

Edited by Tyler

I still randomly find empty cans around my garage, shed, car, you name it. I don’t hold onto it as a keepsake and hold it dear to my heart as if it was something positive in my life. I throw the fucking things away because they’re just plastic that held tobacco inside. A waste of fucking time and money.
You seriously look at your last can of chew and think “ahh my last can ever! How memorable for me!” Dude that shit should be the last fucking thing you want a memory of. Tobacco is not a happy memory for anybody.
Remember when Rose threw the heart of the ocean over the rail of the titanic? Throw your heart of the ocean over the rail of the titanic. Get rid of that shit, you don’t need it anymore. Your nicotine journey ended 451 days ago. 

On 11/22/2020 at 10:15 AM, shawnd11 said:

I found a spitter in my center console a month after quitting. If you ever need a reminder of how disgusting dipping was that will do the trick. Purge all that shit and burn the boats. 

I found a spitter under my bed last week! :vomit:

12 minutes ago, Lipi said:

We have a category specifically for kavemart guys who don't get with the program and only post scroll... just limits your access a little further.   You're a cunt hair away in my book. 

Hopefully a very, very short hair.

Get in or GTFO. Half ass stops don’t fly here.

What was QD like?

"Very strange. Right away they made a big deal out of my totem that worships nicotine"

What???? Your Kodiak empty? It's fucking BAQ to have that where you can see it.  Maybe they thought it was full? 

"No dude,  I explained my name.  MT CAN 4EVER!!!. "

Dude,  that shit tells the nic bitch you're in charge! Didn't they respect your 450 days of ODAAT???

"Nada. Oh yeah,  two assholes suggested I change my name."

What did you do?

"Ignored them"

Hahhahahaha. How's the friction level?

"Could you use more coco butter, I'm chaffing a bit,  I have so much on my mind"

Just relax,  you're home.  

On 11/20/2020 at 9:42 PM, monkey said:

Dont be surprised if you get some course correction in the way you think and speak Quit. Dont get butthurt and bail or youll be out there playing the Lone Ranger real fast

Womp

4 hours ago, Jock0 said:

Very close to crossing this guy off the list I see

Looking like he’s going to cross himself off the list.  Ignoring notifications isn’t a good look at all, neither is reading absolutely nothing.  This isn’t a GropeMe text group.  @MTCAN4EVER why are you here?

There is a whole lot of go fuck yourself on this thread, don't be offended if you think you deserve it.  I don't dip, will never dip again and my goal is to help anyone who wants to quit...do exactly that.  Heaven forbid someone works 15 hour days for weeks at a time, sorry I'm not seeing additional comments on my posts because I am on my phone and it doesn't come up.  I wouldn't even know about this except for a text I got letting me know shit was being said.  Have a question you want answered..ask it.  I'll be home most of the day tomorrow and will fire up the computer.  Have some critical BS comment to make, get it out of your system.    Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

What have you researched while here so far? Are you just here to post your number every single day? Don’t think you quite read through the website thoroughly. You once said to me we might be a little too hardcore for you, and I’m starting to think that’s the case.

25 minutes ago, Itchmay said:

What have you researched while here so far? Are you just here to post your number every single day? Don’t think you quite read through the website thoroughly. You once said to me we might be a little too hardcore for you, and I’m starting to think that’s the case.

I've read a lot on the forums that are available to me.  There isn't a whole lot that is new to me or mind blowing in terms of something I haven't seen before or honestly disagree with.  What I wasn't aware of is expectation you react to every post that someone makes.... Allow me to paraphrase a bit but the whole get rid of the empty can, only pussies keep that around....that only means it still controls you etc...  I read those and wondered what I am supposed to say...If I say I disagree and no I am not getting rid of my reminder to never do it again...I will get heat.  If I say, OK it's gone....I would be a liar and that's not how I roll.  I took the middle ground and kindly ignored it because we all have opinions.  Apparently, that isn't how it is around here.   When I posted earlier that I cannot pull up comments on this thread on my phone, that is legit...It just sits and spins without loading.  It's been a few days since I went into my office at home and opened up the computer because I found out I was in hot water and didn't even know it.   Not sure what else to say.

3 minutes ago, ThatMan6ix said:

Soooooo did you throw out the can?@MTCAN4EVER

No, it has a different meaning to me than it does to some of you guys.  It isn't about worshiping the nic bitch...It is a daily reminder that I am not controlled by that shit any longer and I can stare it in the eye and tell it to fuck off.  I will still get the occasional crave that I have to stop and breathe through...It lasts a few minutes and sometimes I just hold the can and say fuck you...never again.   I play poker weekly with dippers and smokers and guess what....not an issue.  It's when I'm in the car for an hour or longer that I get that urge at times...especially heavy traffic...  I look at that can and say never again, I am done with you.  Not sure if that makes sense to anyone but it does to me...it's how I feel.

Please fill in your quit date here.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.