Quitting Dip

• 3 weeks later...

BK don't watch any of the dip videos on youtube.  There are seemingly hundreds, most of which promote dip, and the comments will infuriate you.  

No shit. I can't believe the masses of people who think they're immune to cancer.

Today, I overheard a guy I work with talking to another guy I work with.  I wasn't really paying attention, but I got the sense that the one guy was asking the other guy about vaping vs dipping.  I asked the guy if he was interested in quitting but he said "I love dipping! and I love smoking a few cigs a week when I'm drinking".  These people are in denial.

Side note:  I am in a doublewide trailer 10 hrs a day with vaperheads and dippers.  All I have is pity for them.  

• Like 3

Don't you just want to cram that metallic cock down his throat when he's sucking on it?.....we have a few vape heads that try to use in our building....i am straight up evil to them when i see them envelope themselves with that stinky ass vape cloud

side note...we had 3 new line trucks delivered to the garage last week....beautiful trucks....one of my lineman, who would be in line for a new truck....he smokes...i told him NO...you not going to ruin my new truck with your filthy habit....NO new truck for u.....he gets to keep his 15 year old truck

• Like 3

I was a little worried that the asshole blowing vape my way was hurting my quit.  I kept thinking there was nicotine in the vape.  I bring in donuts every Saturday (costs about $25).  I tell them that is what I save from giving to big tobacco every week.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Good write up in the local fish wrap yesterday.

In all, it said Gwynn consumed 1 ½ to 2 tins of smokeless tobacco per day, from 1977 to 2008. The lawsuit said that is the equivalent of smoking four to five packs of cigarettes a day, based on conversion data from the National Institutes of Health.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2016/may/23/tony-gwynn-lawsuit-tobacco-chewing-padres/

Saw this today on ESPN - the article references his "habit" - blech.  On one hand I have no problem with Altria having to pay through the nose, but I don't really want the Gwynn family to receive the money. 

20 hours ago, Lighty said:

Saw this today on ESPN - the article references his "habit" - blech.  On one hand I have no problem with Altria having to pay through the nose, but I don't really want the Gwynn family to receive the money. 

I agree, 100%. The money should go to cancer research or toward shutting down big tobacco.

I don't think he has much of a case. The whole premise, from what I understand, is that he was "being targeted" with free logs because he was young, black, and an athlete.

Hmmmm.... I was given logs and I wasn't black or an athlete. They were targeting all of us. It's what they do. They are fucking parasites/killers.

Get them addicted with free shit, then turn them loose on the open market.

If he can win, any dude who ever got free logs during college and then died of cancer has a case. Right?

Edit- I think they are doing this to bring attention to tobacco use and his death from it. Which is a good thing. But they won't win.

Edited by Lipi
  • Like 1

One of the estate's contentions is that he was targeted and addicted a few years before warning labels were on the packages.
I guess that could be a good difference for them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New regulations in place this week against vaping!

The FDA is no longer blowing smoke when it comes to cracking down on vapes and e-cigs.

Starting Monday the regulation of tobacco products will extend nationwide. That'll include popular devices such as e-cigs and hookahs; it means minors will now be prohibited from buying vapes.

Also included in the legislation: vape shops will no longer be able to fully assist customers with putting their vaping devices together. Store-made juices will now be illegal to sell as well.

One of the reasons for the new regulation is that the long-term effects of e-cigs and vaping are currently unknown, that`s why manufacturers of vape juice will now have to undergo scientific review from the FDA.

Vaping has led to an overall decline in tobacco use across the country. Even so, use of tobacco is still prevalent amongst some ethnic groups.

A study by the CDC found the group with the largest percentage of cigarette smoking prevalence between 2010 and 2013 is Native Americans at almost 39 percent.

Whites and Blacks come in tied for second at just under 25 percent. Native Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders came in at 22.8 percent, while Hispanics were at 19.9 percent.

The FDA hopes more info like this about vaping and e-cig use will be available in the future so one day we`ll eventually find out if vaping has truly been a healthier alternative to cigarette smoke.

Edited by 8meds

vaping has truly been a healthier alternative to cigarette smoke.

Eating fiberglass is a healthier alternative but still a bad idea.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-ecigarettes-usa-idUSKBN13X0BM

Saw this shit today.  The "R Street" group that refutes this study are some seriously fucked up people (most of you will like their stands on everything but tobacco, I think they're evil all around).

Two quotes that ought to be enough to tell anyone that e-cigarettes are fucking terrible:

Reynolds American Inc, Altria Group Inc and Fontem Ventures, a subsidiary of Imperial Brands Plc, are among the leading manufacturers of the devices. 

On Tuesday, Marlboro maker Philip Morris International Inc filed its first U.S. application to market an electronic tobacco product with a claim that it is less harmful than cigarettes. The device, called iQOS, contains real tobacco which is heated but not burned.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BigKahuna said:

Saw this shit today.  The "R Street" group that refutes this study are some seriously fucked up people (most of you will like their stands on everything but tobacco, I think they're evil all around).

Two quotes that ought to be enough to tell anyone that e-cigarettes are fucking terrible:

Reynolds American Inc, Altria Group Inc and Fontem Ventures, a subsidiary of Imperial Brands Plc, are among the leading manufacturers of the devices. 

On Tuesday, Marlboro maker Philip Morris International Inc filed its first U.S. application to market an electronic tobacco product with a claim that it is less harmful than cigarettes. The device, called iQOS, contains real tobacco which is heated but not burned.

These death merchants will do anything to find new delivery vessels for their poison that aren't on anyone's radar.  Fuck them and the death they peddle.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2016 at 11:45 AM, BigKahuna said:

If that article doesn't show the disconnect between the public and understanding nicotine, I don't know what does.  Thank god we're getting rid of cigarettes, though, who gives a fuck if they get addicted to E-cigs?  Maybe next we should try to get heroin addicts to snort Oxy instead of shooting up, it's probably a lot less dangerous.  

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Altria shares plunge after FDA releases road map to curb tobacco-related deaths

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/28/altria-shares-fall-after-fda-releases-roadmap-to-curb-tobacco-related-deaths-.html

FDA announces comprehensive regulatory plan to shift trajectory of tobacco-related disease, death

Agency to pursue lowering nicotine in cigarettes to non-addictive levels and create more predictability in tobacco regulation

https://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm568923.htm

Y0L1N.gif

• The Clap 1

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/healthtrending/fda-announces-plans-to-slash-nicotine-levels-in-cigarettes/ar-AAoYoQJ?OCID=ansmsnnews11

FDA announces plans to slash nicotine levels in cigarettes

FDA announced Friday a goal of lowering nicotine in traditional cigarettes to a non-addictive level, and ensuring that e-cigarettes are properly regulated.

2 hours ago, schaef said:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/healthtrending/fda-announces-plans-to-slash-nicotine-levels-in-cigarettes/ar-AAoYoQJ?OCID=ansmsnnews11

FDA announces plans to slash nicotine levels in cigarettes

FDA announced Friday a goal of lowering nicotine in traditional cigarettes to a non-addictive level, and ensuring that e-cigarettes are properly regulated.

See two posts up (well, now three).

• Fuck Off 1

• 2 weeks later...
Please fill in your quit date here.