Quitting Dip

Quitting Dip Blog, January 27, 2022

NotSloth

Tobacco was a choice that I made and one that had more lasting consequences and effects in my life than I would’ve believed when first starting. The reason we start dipping isn’t important. There are many ways we can put ourselves through the mental gymnastics necessary to continue that disgusting habit. Read through the website for those who are still poisoning themselves and see the pathetic excuses. I had made promises to quit that I hadn’t followed through on. I had neglected social events, blown off friends, and missed out on many things that I am embarrassed to think back on now. All for that stupid can of shit. All so I could sit on my couch by myself and spit.

Nothing enrages me more than wasting time. Time is something we can never get back. It ticks away in the background of our lives every second of every day, each minute disappearing never to be seen again. But still I chose to sit and chew. To sit and squander opportunities. I’ve had friends pass away very young. What would they think if they had seen me sitting in my room dipping rather than going for a jog? Hugging a loved one? What would they give for just one more second of a day that I was flushing down the toilet?

I had stopped briefly for periods. 100 days ago, I decided that enough was enough. I wouldn’t spend another second in bondage. Make that decision. Break free of the chains holding you back from becoming the person you should be. Carpe diem, seize the day. In dead poets society, Robin Williams’ character says “because we are food for the worms lads. Because believe it or not, each and every one of us in this room is one day going to stop breathing, turn cold, and die…. But if you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, Lean in. Listen… Do you hear it? (whispers) Carpe. (whispers again) Carpe. Carpe Diem. Seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary.”

Quit dip. Channel that energy and drive into your lives. Redirect your focus. Shift your being. Use yourself to improve everything around you. Quitting tobacco is a metaphor for life. Things will try to control us; things will try to keep us down. Overcome. Rise to meet that challenge. My drill instructor used to tell us, “anytime you’re complaining, anytime you think you got it rough, just remember, there’s some guy bleeding out in a foxhole in the desert who would kill to switch places with you.” Quitting will be one of the most difficult things you do. Quitting dip is painful. But pain births strength. Strength births discipline. And discipline births victory.

The above was written by a member of Quitting Dip. If you are looking for a support group, all of the members here quit dipping using the same process, through the accountability offered by this website, and quitting dipping cold turkey.

THE ONLY WAY TO QUIT DIPPING IS TO QUIT DIPPING COLD TURKEY. 

You might think that there are lots of ways to quit dipping, but there's not.  You are likely to be here after hundreds of aborted mini-attempts at quitting dipping. You can't quit dipping halfway. You also can't use nicotine replacement products. No vaping. No nicotine lozenges. No nicotine gum.  Why not? Because you can't quit nicotine by using a different form of nicotine. Why do you want to extend the length of time that you experience the withdrawal symptoms of quitting dipping anyway? Get it over with. Rip the band aid off. Put that shit in the rear view mirror.

When you are in the cycle of being desperate to quit dipping, but terrified of actually quitting, everything can seem overwhelming. Quitting dip is a lot easier than you think. It is all a mind game, and we know all the ways to win. If you are ready to quit, the best way to quit dipping cold turkey is to join this site, and start posting. 

Once you are a member you can start an introduction where you can tell the other members about yourself, or just get right to it and put your screen name and "Day 1" on the "Quit Scroll" with today's date. Just throw up a post somewhere, someone is going to see it, and help you learn how to quit dipping. You can also post below with questions or comments before you sign up. 

If you just about ready to pull the trigger but you're scared, stop being a pussy. There is a section in the support center full of posts encouraging guys like you to get in the game. We want to give you help to quit dipping, but you have to help yourself first.