Quitting Dip

KobeJr 100 + Quit

KobeJr

The First 100 Days…

This experience was a lot different for me than some other Quitters.  What I remember the most was the first 10 days.  Those 10 days were the worst thing from having the night sweats, being thirsty, rages, and irritability.  What I just kept telling myself is that I only have to go through this once if I suck it up, post roll to Quit and be accountable. 

I am a one-time caver from KTC, one of those Quitters that turned my quit into a stop after getting to 100-days and purchased the coin, by the way, what is the deal with 100-days and a coin.  How about a money clip to hold all the money I am saving.  I agree 100 days is a milestone but all days are milestones especially when you have other Quitters posting support.  What happened is that I fell off into the distance by not posting roll or interacting with my Quit Brothers/Sisters.  Kill the Can (KTC) gives you the support you need to get you through the first 100-days and relationships are created but after the 100-days then a quitter is more or less on their own.  Accountability drops the more days after 100.  I am not saying everyone from KTC had the same experience as me.  There is no secret that I got banned from KTC because of posting roll that I was still quit after having a cigar back in 2012.  Upon my return to KTC I did not hide that it happen but realized upon my return where my quit failed.  

I knew what to expect this time around but no one can ever prepare you for the nicotine leaving your body.  The control nicotine has on the body and mind is so powerful it makes us do some crazy shit when we stop using. 

Then I came across some awesome guys that made my Quit stronger than ever and I realized that I was an addict and just not quitting nicotine.  This was going to be something that I struggle with for the rest of my life.  That seems like a big deal 10 days in and thinking, “I have to do this for the rest of my life?”  You’re damn right but eventually we all get an understanding of the Nic Bitch and it gets much easier.  She will sneak up on you and that is why posting roll, staying active and keeping your Quit Brothers and Sisters close is the best possible life style to live as an addict to nicotine. 

Reasons Why I Stay Quit

I am Addict

I don’t want to experience the first 10 days again           

I made a Promise to my Quit Brothers/Sisters  

I have invested too many days

That shit is just plain nasty

Quitting Dip.com is by far the best support group for quitting nicotine!!  The members actually care about your quit, my quit and their quit.  I say “WIT” – Whatever It Takes  - attitude to keep the Quitter involved, supported, and accountable.  It’s such a simple concept in theory and in practice.  I couldn’t have done it with out QD!!!

• Like 7

Please fill in your quit date here.