Quitting Dip

Quitting Dip on May 9th, 2019

NotSloth

Do you think you are going to "miss" dip, if you quit dipping? Do you feel like dip is your friend, a constant companion? A trusted buddy who is always there for you when you need it? That lucky charm which is always with you in the good times? 

That kind of thinking is poison when it’s time quit dipping. We call it dip “romancing”. In order to be successful, you have to change your whole mindset. It’s not that hard, because dip romancing is all a lie. Dip isn’t your friend. It’s a parasite. It wasn’t your companion, it was an anchor you were dragging along. It wasn’t there to help any needs... except getting rid of the withdrawal symptoms it’s absence was causing in the first place.. It didn’t make the good times, the good times were in spite of it. 

How can you control romancing the can after you have quit dipping? Slap yourself across the face every time you think like that, if you need to. No bullshit. That will get real tired, real fast.One of our members talks about dropping down and doing 10 pushups every time he thought about having a dip after he quit dipping. It's called negative reinforcement. It discourages weak thoughts. Other methods... a strong rubber band around your wrist. When you think about chew, you snap that rubber band so hard it hurts. I used to stop whatever I was doing and audibly say "Shut the fuck up". Some guys who have quit chewing tobacco recommended putting your balls in a drawer and slamming it shut. I never tried that one. 

But how can you spend time here, on a website that is all about how to quit dipping, without thinking about dipping? I am on this site all the time, and I never think about dipping. I think about quitting. They are different things. Guys who think about dipping act like they are missing out when they quit chewing tobacco, and they are going to fail. Guys who think about quitting think about the feelings that drove them to quit in the first place. Whether or not they know it, the biggest thing that drove people to find this place was a desire from freedom. Get the monkey off your back, and quit dipping. 

It's time to Quit Dipping. 

You wouldn't be reading this if you didn't know that. People don't casually browse the internet for cures to an addiction that you don't have. You know you are addicted, whether you admit or not. You're not sure? Have you ever tried to quit before, and failed? How many times? Have you ever tried nicotine replacement therapies, but found that you are still craving, irritable, and miserable? Ever pulled your patch off so you can have a real one, "when you really needed it"? Ever had a girlfriend or wife lay down the law, "it's me or the dip"? And, of course you chose her. But not really, so you had to take your dipping underground for a while? Ever thrown a tin out of a window, only to find yourself looking through the bushes later? Digging through dumpsters? I could go on and on. Yeah, you're in the right place. 

No matter what strategy you have employed in the past, we both know it hasn’t worked. This place will. The excuses you have used in the past won’t work here. The temporary withdrawal symptoms of quitting dipping are not going to kill you.  We know, because we all survived them. No, you're not more addicted than we were. No, we don't care what brand you used to chew. Yes, you can actually function at work and home without your “crutch” to make you “more relaxed”. Your life will improve dramatically once you quit dipping. You might remember stopping for a few weeks, and you have an idea that it was hell 'because you had quit'. It was hell because you didn’t know how to quit until now.  We’ll change your mindset, and we will lay out the timeline of quitting nicotine. The only thing that you need to do to succeed in a 100% effective method of quitting dipping is to show up here every day, listen to the advice of the members, and follow the only two rules we have here....

Post your promise not to dip every morning, and keep your word. 

• Like 1