Quitting Dip

Quitting Dip on Monday. April 20th, 2019

NotSloth

Think you can’t get through the routines of life if you quit dipping? 

Yeah, we all used to dip after every meal. I used to dip every time I shit too. I convinced myself I couldn't shit without it. Having a meal or needing to shit without a can in my pocket would induce panic. Guess what? Now that I have quit dipping, I can still eat and take a dump. I haven't chewed after a meal in years, and I have shit at least once a day every day for years, without dip. I enjoy my meals much more now that I am not racing through my meals to get to my dip, and I can shit much more easily now that I am not shitting three or four times a day because of the laxative I was putting in my lip all day. Or maybe it wasn’t a laxative at all. Maybe I was just forcing myself to shit that often because it gave me an excuse to sit on the toilet and dip in private. 

Life is much better when you are not a slave. Let go of all of that old shit and embrace the system here…Post your number, learn how to speak and live Quit, build a hatred for that controlling poison. You will honestly have to “learn” how to do some things without dip, and you’ll be very worried that they’re not possible without dip. Even an active addict like yourself has to realize that that notion is simultaneously absurd, and terrifying. Absurd because…. Of course you can take a shit without nicotine. Terrifying because… until you actually quit dipping, you will be convinced that you can’t do certain activities without it… that’s the level of control that nicotine has over you right now. 

It's time to Quit Dipping. 

You wouldn't be reading this if you didn't know that. People don't casually browse the internet for cures to an addiction that you don't have. You know you are addicted, whether you admit or not. You're not sure? Have you ever tried to quit before, and failed? How many times? 

No matter what strategy you have employed in the past, we all know it hasn’t worked. This place will. The excuses you have used in the past won’t work here. The temporary withdrawal symptoms of quitting dipping are not going to kill you.  We know, because we all survived them. They're actually not that hard to manage if you have the correct mindset. No, you're not more addicted than we were. No, we don't care what brand you used to chew. Yes, you can actually function at work and home without your “crutch” to make you “more relaxed”.

Your life will improve dramatically once you quit dipping. You might remember stopping for a few weeks, and you have an idea that it was hell 'because you had quit'. It was hell because you didn’t know how to quit until now.  We’ll change your mindset, and we will lay out the timeline of quitting nicotine. The only thing that you need to do to succeed in a 100% effective method of quitting dipping is to show up here every day, listen to the advice of the members, and follow the only two rules we have here....

Post your promise not to dip every morning, and keep your word. 

If you are ready to quit, go to today's Quit Scrolland post your name and Day 1. Look for messages on the scroll or in your inbox from other dudes who have done this already. Or start an intro, and you can have a centralized place for people to welcome you, offer some advice, or kick your ass when you need it. If you think you are not ready to quit, what are you waiting for? That excuse sucks. 

• Like 1