Quitting Dip

Quitting Dip on Monday, June 24th, 2019

NotSloth

This is real simple: I joined here because I dipped for 25 years. I quit dipping because I was tired of always looking for my next fix. We are here because we all need help quitting dip. This place works if you let it. The biggest thing is, you have to let it. There is power in just remembering that you are quit now, and that chewing tobacco is not an option anymore. Don't merely "put away the can". Excise that cancer causing worm dirt from your very existence. Take a sledgehammer and smash that evil can to visualize the endeavor you're going to partake in.

Nobody can quit for you, but we're all in this together, and your part is keeping that shit out of your lip. Quitting Dip is a lot easier if you lean on us when needed. You can be reassured that what you're feeling is normal, that the nicotine withdrawal symptoms are almost over….  and that while you're not being a pussy by feeling like shit and complaining, you would be a pussy if you fail.

Posting on the scroll is a daily promise to everyone here that you are not going to use nicotine in any form. If you wake up and post your promise first thing, you leave no room to let the nicotine whispers affect you. The people that end up giving in to temptation are usually the ones that haven’t built up that accountability, and haven’t been posting first thing. They leave the door open so they have an out, do me a favor and slam that door shut every day. 

When I was in your shoes I had no idea how good each +1 would make me feel, and that feeling will come to you one day as well.  Stay as close to this site as possible, post on the scroll early every damn day, talk to us, ask questions, rage on us, stay focused, drink lots of water, avoid alcohol for a while, beware of triggers, and always remember that adding nicotine to a problem only makes two problems. I'm glad you're here and have taken the first step.

This place is for people who understand that quitting dipping is life and death, and are ready to take the necessary steps to stay on top of it.  Why are the folks here killing it every day? Because we are men and women of our word. Because we all have gone through the SAME nicotine cravings and suck that you are. Guys that have hit the scroll every day take pride in that fact. Quitting takes discipline, but nowhere near that amount of sacrifice that you are making every time you put that garbage in your mouth.

fuck-dip.jpg

It's time to Quit Dipping. 

You wouldn't be reading this if you didn't know that. People don't casually browse the internet for cures to an addiction that you don't have. You know you are addicted, whether you admit or not. You're not sure? Have you ever tried to quit before, and failed? How many times? 

No matter what strategy you have employed in the past, we all know it hasn’t worked. This place will. The excuses you have used in the past won’t work here. The temporary withdrawal symptoms of quitting dipping are not going to kill you.  We know, because we all survived them. They're actually not that hard to manage if you have the correct mindset. No, you're not more addicted than we were. No, we don't care what brand you used to chew. Yes, you can actually function at work and home without your “crutch” to make you “more relaxed”.

Your life will improve dramatically once you quit dipping. You might remember stopping for a few weeks, and you have an idea that it was hell 'because you had quit'. It was hell because you didn’t know how to quit until now.  We’ll change your mindset, and we will lay out the timeline of quitting nicotine. The only thing that you need to do to succeed in a 100% effective method of quitting dipping is to show up here every day, listen to the advice of the members, and follow the only two rules we have here....

Post your promise not to dip every morning, and keep your word. 

If you are ready to quit, go to today's Quit Scroll and post your name and Day 1. Look for messages on the scroll or in your inbox from other dudes who have done this already. Or start an intro, and you can have a centralized place for people to welcome you, offer some advice, or kick your ass when you need it. If you think you are not ready to quit, what are you waiting for?

•  
Edited by NotJamesGordon
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...