Quitting Dip

Quitting Dip on Thursday, August 22nd, 2019

NotSloth

I have lived the majority of my personal life with the motto-  “Fuck It”. I have given up on too many diets, exercise programs, organizational goals, etc. in my life to count because I have always ended up saying "fuck it" and giving up. 

When I decided to quit dipping, I was finally fed up with the ever-present sack of shit weighing down my life- my nicotine addiction.  I found Quitting Dip and posted scroll the next morning. I had no expectations at that point, and if I am honest with myself, I assumed that the "fuck it" would win over eventually. But the next morning, I woke up and posted again. And then I did it again the next morning. A week later I was standing in line at the gas station and looking at the dip display. I could physically feel the "fuck it" creeping up my spine. But things were different this time. I had made a promise that morning. A promise to myself that I was going to be quit. And I have kept that promise every day.  

The benefits of quitting dip have permeated the rest of my life. I am more organized, I am eating better, I am exercising. Once I realized I could stop being a slave to the most addictive and destructive part of my life, the other areas were easy to overcome. I am tempted to say that I have conquered the "fuck it" once and for all. But I know that's not the case. I know it is still there. It is waiting for me to become complacent. It is waiting for me to get lazy. 

But, I am a different person than I was before I quit dipping. I am determined. I am firm in my resolve that while the rest of my life may fall victim to the "fuck it", my quit will not. I will wake up tomorrow and make a promise to myself and to the good people of QD that I will be quit that day and every day after it. I look forward to many more scroll posts and I truly appreciate the help and support from every one of you. Because of you and the promise I make every morning, "fuck it" has forever been replaced with "fuck nicotine."
“Quit” is an attitude change that won't take long to manifest itself - after you quit dipping and prove to yourself that you’ve got the balls to make it through the discomfort of some withdrawals without running back to the “one pinch at a time” cancer addiction.