Quitting Dip

Quitting Dip on Friday, October 4th, 2019

NotSloth

All of the members here quit dipping using the same process, through the accountability offered by this website, and quitting dipping cold turkey. The following was written recently by a member of Quitting Dip.

I stumbled across this site while looking for different resources to help with quitting dip, and am sure happy that I did. I had been dipping for around twelve years, and finally decided that it is time to quit. I have made other attempts in the past, but hadn’t taken them as seriously. The formula is simple; we post a promise not to use nicotine every day, and then we follow through.  There are no good reasons for you to go back to putting that shit in your lip. 

If you have a job or activity where lots of dudes are dipping, I would recommend the fake dip. I was around that shit every day. Fake really helps. It will scratch the oral itch, and also take care of the boredom aspect. All that leaves is the withdrawal. Sorry, no fix for that except a ball sack. There is about 5 days of withdrawal. Take it one day at a time and you'll be out of the woods before you know it. If you have the testicular fortitude to power through, you'll be on the way to freedom. There are also lots of ways to lessen the symptoms of nicotine withdrawal. Throw up an intro post, and ask for help. Better yet, put “Day 1” on the Plebe Scroll, and enjoy the rest of your life. If you're having a day where you're obsessing about wanting a dip, you need to remember why we put our name on the scroll every day. It's a promise not to use, so there is no option to have that dip. Why obsess over something you can't have? Banish the thought, it's useless. As you do this longer, you will transition from really needing that scroll post to keep from using to where you just use it as a reminder of where you have been and why you care. But for now just keep one foot in front of the other. 

The withdrawal stage is the toughest, but also the shortest. To quit dipping you need to commit. Even if you don't feel quit, talk the talk. It's both incredibly easy and incredibly powerful. Once you stop talking like a passive observer/victim/pussy, you'll stop feeling like one. Talk about how bad ass it is that you have quit. How awesome it feels to go cold turkey on one of the most addictive substances on the planet. How great it is you're not going to get cancer and miss your kid's high school games.

Here's the other thing... until you start acting like you actually want to be here instead of someone who is just trying it out, you're really not worth spending a lot of time on. Transient stoppages are a total waste of our time. We can't get you to give a fuck... that's internal. If you don't give a fuck, get the fuck out of here, we don't care if you don't.

• Like 1