Quitting Dip

Quitting Dip on Friday, November 1, 2019

NotSloth

All of the members here quit dipping using the same process, through the accountability offered by this website, and quitting dipping cold turkey. The following was written recently by a member of Quitting Dip.

For me it's about doing whatever it takes to never have anyone look for me or question my commitment. A commitment to quit dipping, so I am no longer living like a shallow, selfish and sneaky addict everyday. I am grateful that these guys will hold my feet to the fire if I don't show up. It won't come in the form of a “hope all is well and by the way are you gonna post today?” I fully expect to be told to get my shit together because I will most likely need it, in the event it ever happened. Quit is an attitude change that won't take long to manifest itself - after you prove to yourself and us that you've got the balls to make it through some nicotine withdrawals without running back to the can for a one pinch at a time cancer addiction.

If your brain is telling you that you deserve a dip, or you can have a small quick one, don't listen. You don't deserve a dip... Dip is not a reward, it’s a burden. As an addict, you need to learn about Quit.  Quitting dipping doesn't mean you white knuckle it through the day.  Quit is your new way of life.  Taking nicotine off the table with a scroll post forces you to start up new routines.  Never look back.  After the first couple of days,  you’ll be over the biggest hump.  Keeping active here will keep your mind trained on what quit really means.  Read all you can on here.

This is the time and the place that you will succeed. We support you but we cant do it for you. I never intend to go through what you are going through again, so I won't. You won't have to either. Quitting is as simple as being determined and being a man of your word. It's all about discipline, baby. If you want it bad enough, you'll do it, simple as that.

Edited by NotJamesGordon
  • Like 1