Quitting Dip

Quitting Dip on Friday, November 8th, 2019

NotSloth

All of the members here quit dipping using the same process, through the accountability offered by this website, and quitting dipping cold turkey. The following was written recently by a member of Quitting Dip.

All through my college years I always said this:

-"I'll quit dipping at the end of the semester"

-"I'll quit dipping when I get my next serious girlfriend"

-"I'm quitting dip now that I'm single"

-"I'll quit dipping when I graduate"

-"I'll quit dipping when I get a real job"

But each and every time, those milestones came and went with me still fucking dipping. Don't be like me then, be me like me now. Quit. Us young people are generally stupid. But honestly, it feels good saying no. It makes you proud later on. I know what it's like, especially to be in college and bar age, to have a lot of buddies that dip. Hell, most of my friends still dip. Be proud of keeping your word and maintaining your quit during that party where your friend was dipping or there were a bunch of people smoking… but something you should keep in mind is that you should  consider taking a break from partying around people who are still dipping or smoking like chimneys when your quit is new. Another good thing is to make it known as far and wide as possible that you have quit dipping, and it is just something you do not do anymore. Tell all your friends, and if they keep offering you dip because they think it's cool or funny, kick them in the dick and take their can, throw it on the ground, and stomp it. See how funny they think it is to offer to you again.

Many of the members here will tell you that you should take a break from partying all together. But just like being offered a dip isn’t an excuse to take one, neither is being drunk. Although it’s the best practice to take a few weeks off, just due to the lowered inhibitions and poor judgement that go along with being drunk, you are still responsible for your actions. I'm not saying you can't drink at all, but you really ought to avoid getting totally smashed. There will come a time where you'll be in the bar and you'll get offered one, and you only have one choice. Be big enough to say no. I don't think I went to the bars for at least a month when I quit, I was too wary of falling into that trap. 

Anyway, so what if people are going to be dipping around you? If you think having the ability to obtain a dip during withdrawal is unique to your quit, you're not thinking clearly. Every single person here made the choice to quit. If we wanted to fail, dip was always waiting, they sell it everywhere. If you think being in close proximity to dip cans makes you weak, you will become weak. If you think you're quit as fuck, and couldn’t care less about some asshole drooling cancer next you, you will instantly be stronger. Fuck dip. If it's too hard right now, what is ever going to make it easier? Cancer? Well, when you quit after your Cancer DX, you will still get the same withdrawal symptoms from quitting dip. And you will still have the same ability to keep using if you want to, you just won’t. It's just a different mindset because you’ll be face to face with death. Adopt that mindset now, or die.