Quitting Dip

Quitting Dip on Monday, November 11, 2019

NotSloth

Have you “quit dipping” before, only to start up again after a few weeks or months, or even years? First of all, you didn’t actually quit dipping, because “Quit” is permanent. You were temporarily stopped. What were you doing the first time you dipped again, to end your stoppage? Were you looking for a buzz? Feeling stressed out and thought that dip cures stress?  Were you trying to hurt someone? Trying to hurt yourself? Got drunk? Have you ever thought about it?  because that moment when you fucked yourself should be important to you. It often gets brushed over by losers who don't understand quit. They treat using nicotine again like a fait accompli, something that is unavoidable due to certain circumstances or situations, but it's not. 

No, nicotine is not always waiting for you, about to put a knife to your throat and make you take it in your mouth. There is no “Nic Bitch”.  It's a weed, dude.  It's not an evil bitch or a spirit or something that's crafty and out to get you.

Using it again is not an accident, nor can it "just happen".  Over time, lots of addicts will start to listen to that little voice that one is ok, or romanticize the times they spent dipping, glossing over how desperate they were to quit the entire time. Stopping while constantly listening to that siren song is excruciating, and it’s called ‘white knuckle’ quitting. It makes quitting a lot like trying to hold your breath forever. At QD we don't white knuckle anything.  We don't hope and pray to stay off nicotine, we are quit.  Quit means living each moment while acting like a grown man, not a pussy that is "missing out" on something.   We speak only quit because we are quit. There must be something to this, since we have dozens of 1000+ day quitters that are here first thing everyday and have never missed a day. Even though some of the guys here can be rough around the edges, it all boils down to seeing that nasty shit for what it is and never touching it again, which is what everyone here believes. Hey complacency, I'm right over here; bring it on.  You have no chance because I'm posted up with my friends.  

Edited by NotJamesGordon