Quitting Dip

Quitting Dip on Tuesday, November 12th, 2019

NotSloth

All of the members here quit dipping using the same process, through the accountability offered by this website, and quitting dipping cold turkey. The following was written recently by a member of Quitting Dip.

The reason that you’ve never been able to quit dipping in the past is that you did it your way. Guess what? Your way sucks and doesn't work, obviously. So you need to quit dipping the QD way, which includes interacting with people who have been where you are right now. My quit is basically self-perpetuating at this point.  Because I invested heavily in the brotherhood and accountability method at the onset of my quit and now it's deeply ingrained.  That's how to quit dipping. 

Nothing makes me think about dip, nothing worries me, I don't give a fuck about chewing tobacco, cigarettes, or cigars. It’s the same way I won't spend one second of the day thinking about heroin. Because I don't do that shit either. My mind is exactly as strong as that of a person who never smoked or chewed, in that if someone offered a chew to them, they would be like "why would I want to do that?" Except stronger, because I will fucking kill you with my bare hands sooner than I would take that dip out of your hand, fuckstick. That shit feels good. 

But while my mind is never on dip, my quit is on my mind a lot. Your quit has to have value to you.My quit is a prized possession. If it doesn't matter to you, then you aren't going to protect it. You should know that’s how we all feel about our quits. They are important enough to create this brotherhood to collectively protect our quits. It requires maintenance. You will have quit highs and lows. This place offers a way to keep your quit strong. The days with few challenges are when the bullshit keeps us engaged. The Speeches and such can lift us when we are down. The victory threads offer a place to share our wins. That is about quit maintenance.

Despite the addiction being firmly in a bulls-eye and in my rearview mirror, I will be here, because I dig it. And I'll be on the scroll as soon as I wake up, just like every fucking morning since the day I quit, because I need to be.

Edited by NotJamesGordon