Quitting Dip

Quitting Dip on Monday, January 6th, 2019

NotSloth

Why have you failed at all previous attempts to quit dipping? I know why I failed every previous attempt. I failed to quit chewing tobacco because I wasn't here. I didn’t get any help to quit dipping, and relied solely on myself. And myself was always a fucking bitch.

The first thing you deal with when quitting chewing tobacco is the real physical withdrawal side, and since most people have at least halfway attempted to quit dipping in the past, you should know the routine... Withdrawal symptoms from quitting dip can include insomnia, sweating, headaches, constipation, irritability, and anxiety. How do you combat the symptoms of quitting dip? First, know that they will pass. This only lasts few days. To alleviate them, go sweat somewhere, whether its running, hitting the gym, or just walking around the block. Don’t sit around feeling sorry for yourself. Do something. But first, put your name on the quit scroll and you have accomplished the most important part of how to quit dipping, making a promise to other people and yourself. A promise to quit dipping to people that don’t accept failure and weakness.

Remember this- work fucking sucks no matter what, [or they wouldn’t have to pay you], but today it is more productive than usual, because someone is paying you to go through withdrawal from dip. That's win win. Tough it out, take a walk around the block, drink lots of water. Bitch and moan here if you are feeling sorry for yourself. That's one of the fringe benefits of a quitting dip support group. We know what you’re going through, and we’ll tell you if it is normal, when you need to do something differently, or to just stop being a pussy.

One of two things is inevitable for a nicotine addict,  premature death or quitting. Choose quitting. Drink a lot of water, while you're sweating and after you’re done. Use substitutes like jerky chew, fake dip, hard candy, gum, and seeds. Anything without nicotine in it. Some guys would stick coffee grounds or even grass in their lip. Sleep whenever you can. Get in here and talk shit to quitters before you freak out on your family.

But the biggest thing to remember is that a lot of this is mental. The reason that you make a promise every single morning, is that it makes it so that chewing tobacco is not an option. Not if you are going to keep your word. There is no reason to have a debate with yourself about dipping today. Since it is no longer an option, there is no reason to obsess about it. Think about something else. Put that promise up every morning and it's never an option.

It's time to Quit Dipping. 

You wouldn't be reading this if you didn't know that. People don't casually browse the internet for cures to an addiction that you don't have. You know you are addicted, whether you admit or not. You're not sure? Are you scared of the withdrawal symptoms of quitting dip? Have you ever tried to quit before, and failed? How many times? Do you know all the stages of quitting dipping, except the only one that matters, permanence?

No matter what strategy you have employed in the past, we all know it hasn’t worked. This place will. The excuses you have used in the past won’t work here. The temporary withdrawal symptoms of quitting dipping are not going to kill you.  We know, because we all survived them. They're actually not that hard to manage if you have the correct mindset. No, you're not more addicted than we were. No, we don't care what brand you used to chew. Yes, you can actually function at work and home without your “crutch” to make you “more relaxed”.

Your life will improve dramatically once you quit dipping. You might remember stopping for a few weeks, and you have an idea that it was hell 'because you had quit'. It was hell because you didn’t know how to quit until now.  We’ll change your mindset, and we will lay out the timeline of quitting nicotine. The only thing that you need to do to succeed in a 100% effective method of quitting dipping is to show up here every day, listen to the advice of the members, and follow the only two rules we have here....

Post your promise not to dip every morning, and keep your word. 

If you are ready to quit, go to today's Quit Scroll and post your name and Day 1. Look for messages on the scroll or in your inbox from other dudes who have done this already. Or start an intro, and you can have a centralized place for people to welcome you, offer some advice, or kick your ass when you need it. If you think you are not ready to quit, what are you waiting for?