Quitting Dip

Quitting Dip Blog, Friday March 26th, 2021

NotSloth

“Quit” is an attitude change that won't take long to manifest itself - after you quit dipping and prove to yourself that you’ve got the balls to make it through the discomfort of some withdrawals without running back to the “one pinch at a time” cancer addiction.

This is the time and the place that you will succeed and quit dipping. We support you but we cant do it for you. I never intend to go through what you are going through again and I won't. You won't have to either.

Man I'm going through some shit at work so...

Going through a divorce so...

Going through a custody battle because I want to move so...

Finally get to move and I'm going through the stress of buying and selling a house so...

So fuck nicotine! And fuck anyone who thinks that their life circumstances are an excuse for dip or any other addiction. Handle your shit and stop being a pussy. Life happens and it ain't so bad (even the low points) when you're not busy feeling sorry for yourself and blaming everyone and everything else for your problems.

The above was written by a member of Quitting Dip. If you are looking for a support group, all of the members here quit dipping using the same process, through the accountability offered by this website, and quitting dipping cold turkey.

THE TIME TO QUIT DIPPING IS RIGHT NOW. 

And the only method for quitting dipping that any of us have ever found to work is quitting dip cold turkey, with the help of other people. That's the method that we use here. If you found Quitting Dip, you’ve been struggling with nicotine for a long time. You have probably tried to quit. Perhaps you’ve even admitted to yourself that you are addicted to chewing tobacco. 

No matter what strategy you have employed in the past, we all know it hasn’t worked. Otherwise, you would be quit, like the other members. The excuses you have used in the past won’t work here. The temporary withdrawal symptoms of quitting dipping are not going to kill you. You can actually function at work and home without your “crutch” to make you “more relaxed”. Your life will improve dramatically once you quit dipping. You might remember stopping for a few weeks, and you have an idea that it was hell 'because you had quit'. It was hell because you didn’t know how to quit, until now. 

We’ll change your mindset, and we will lay out the timeline of quitting nicotine. The only thing that you need to do to start a 100% effective method of quitting dipping is to show up here every day, participate in some anonymous discussions, follow the advice of the members, and abide by the only two rules we have here....Post your promise not to dip every morning, and keep your word. If you are ready to quit dipping, post up on the Plebe Scroll

Otherwise, visit the support center, or read some speeches

Edited by NotSloth
  • Like 1