Quitting Dip

Quitting Dip on Monday, February 25th, 2019

NotSloth

The members here quit nicotine through the same process, quitting chewing tobacco via the accountability offered by this website, and quitting cold turkey. The following was written recently by a member of QuittingDip.com

When I put my name on the scroll for the first time I was all in. I just didn't know it for a few days.

Once I found my resolve I was all in. 29 years of being a sneaky ass addict was enough for me and I had arrived at my last option cause all the other ways failed me, by allowing me to keep putting the drug in my body.

I don't know if its possible to express the concept of quit to a person but here goes.

This is my life. I've got people in my life that care about me and I care about my own health now. I'm not gonna let nicotine take that away.

I have posted my promise every single fucking day since day 1. Why? Cause it matters to me and it takes nothing to make that promise except integrity. It was a big deal for me because this concept of quit based on accountability pulled my head out of my ass. I made it 3 days, then 3 months, a year, two. I'm not gonna fuck with it.

If it was all just as simple as not putting the stuff in our faces anymore we wouldn't need to be here. 

Quit isn't just quit. Its an attitude and resolve that orbits our integrity. Without those two things how can a person expect to succeed after all the past failure?

THE ONLY WAY TO QUIT DIPPING IS TO QUIT COLD TURKEY. 

You might not be ready to hear that, but you wouldn't be reading this if you didn't already know it. You are likely to be here after hundreds of aborted mini-attempts to "kick the habit". You can't quit halfway. You also can't use nicotine replacement products. No vaping. No nicotine lozenges. No nicotine gum.  Why not? Because you can't quit nicotine by using a different form of nicotine.

When you are in the cycle of being desperate to quit, but terrified of quitting, everything can seem overwhelming. Quitting dip is a lot easier than you think. It is all a mind game, and we know all the ways to win. If you are ready to quit, the best way to quit cold turkey is to join this site, and start posting. 

Once you are a member you can start an introduction where you can tell the other members about yourself, or just get right to it and put your screen name and "Day 1" on the "Quit Scroll" with today's date. 

If you aren't ready for that, or don't know if this will work for you, as a guest you can read some "speeches" of dudes who have been in your shoes. 

If you just about ready to pull the trigger but you're scared, stop being a pussy. There is a section in the support center full of posts encouraging guys like you to get in the game. 

Just throw up a post somewhere, someone is going to see it. You can also post below with questions or comments before you sign up

Edited by NotJamesGordon
  • Like 2