Quitting Dip

For People On The Fence

NotSloth

Most of the quitters here started out on the outside looking in, wavering between wondering if this could work and retreating back into the supposed 'comfort' of continuing to dip for "just a little longer". Sometimes these Undecided guys sack up and become quitters, putting their name on the scroll every day. Sometimes they just start an intro and get a lot of advice but are still too scared to make the leap. Some of that advice to recent new guys who disappeared has been relocated from the private intro section to this public thread to help other potential quitters, because you will find that all of us had the same questions, the same concerns, and all need to do the same thing- QUIT DIPPING.

Whether you are an undecided new member who is taking time and reading on the site, a 'looky-loo' guest who has been bouncing around for a while, or a guest visiting for the first time - you may find something below that might hit home for you. If you have questions that might help you decide, feel free to post them here. Guests can post without signing in.

Edited by NotJamesGordon

• 8 months later...

Hello, glad to have you here. First thing first. Find the Plebe quit scroll in the Accountability section and click on the tab with today's date. If this is you first day to stop using nicotine then simply put your name and a day 1. This is your promise to the rest of the group to not use any form of nicotine today. Second, keep your promise.  When you wake up tomorrow, repeat. During the rest of the day, I would recommend reading as much of the helpful sections of this site as possible ( support center, knowledge base, centurion speeches ), do anything you need to do to keep nicotine out of your body ( Sunflower seeds, gum, fake chew ).

Also, if you are just quitting, the first few days are going to suck. Embrace the suck and start re wiring your brain to stop romancing tobacco and see it for what it really is.

I quit with you today

Edited by NotJamesGordon
name removed
  • Like 2

Welcome.

You've found the place. You simply need to find the courage and integrity to take the first step and become a person that is quit.

You need to commit to your quit. We are here to offer support and you dont have to go it alone and fail...again probably.

If you havent already done it then go ahead and dump that can down the toilet ( not in the trash where you can dig it out and fail.)

Im doing great. I am quit. Will you be saying the same thing?

Edited by monkey

Do you understand that what you're "trying" to quit is an addiction? Do you realize that you're an addict? You are controlled by a substance? Do you despise nicotine more than anything? How it makes you feel, how it makes your breath smell like a disgusting piece of garbage? Do you have loved ones that can't stand being around you when you have that garbage in your mouth? Do you want to quit FOR YOU? Do you realize that procrastinating about quitting gets you no where?

If you can answer yes to all these questions and comprehend what this site is all about THEN you can commit to becoming a quitter and posting scroll. As you can tell, this site is not for the weak at heart. "Trying" is not welcomed here, but quitting is!

Edited by NotJamesGordon
name removed
  • Like 3

Welcome.  You are now amongst an elite bunch of badass quitters who have traveled down the same road you're currently embarking upon.  I too was someone who was desperate to quit; prompted by fear from a persistent sore throat.  Once I got with the program, I realized that the quit wasn't out of fear, but rather it was something I wanted for myself.  I wanted to be free from the chains of addiction.  And from that point forward I quit for me.  The fear resolved and everyone around me benefited from my quit...and that's why quitting for yourself is paramount.

You couldn't have made a wiser decision to quit and to quit here at QD.com.  Get your name on that plebe scroll and make a promise to yourself to all of us that you won't use nicotine in any form for today.  Do this every single day.  We, in turn, will quit with you and hold you accountable to yourself and us.  The reason it's so important to have a team behind you is because now, you won't be just disappointing yourself should you fail.  ...and you won't fail.

Glad to have you bro.

Edited by NotJamesGordon
nr
  • Like 9

Sage advice from above, take it. Fear can't win over an addict's desires ... but the WANT can!  Get after it bro, freedom is there for the taking. 

Edited by NotJamesGordon
nr
  • Like 1

Welcome! The beginning sucks,but once you power through that with our help you can live free of big tobacco! Fuck them and fuck all the wasted money spent on a disgusting habit we all once have had to overcome. 

Edited by NotJamesGordon
nr

I used to fear cancer, now I don't. Cancer is something for nicotine users to fear. Fuck those losers. 

Edited by NotJamesGordon
nr
  • Like 1
  • The Clap 1

Welcome.  72 hours to flush nicotine, then the mental games begin.  One thing that all successful quits have in common is some form of real-world support.  Here you're surrounded by a bunch of dipshits who were also slaves to a fucking plant.  We know.  Reach down, grab your marbles and get to quitting.  Posting to scroll every day as soon as your day starts is a proven method ... at least for dudes with integrity.  You make a promise, you keep it.  If you do that upon waking, make a promise to yourself and to us here, you back that promise up by not stuffing shit in your lip.  Every day will get better, I promise.

BTW, 53 here ... used for 32+ years.  In 10 days, I'm quit for 3 years.  

Take that in the ass, UST. 

Edited by NotJamesGordon
Name removed

11 minutes ago, 8meds said:

One thing that all successful quits have in common is some form of real-world support.

If by "real-world support", you mean "internet fucktards who have your back" I agree 100%.:ROFL:

No one in the "real world" supported my quit, and most people I know did their worst to passively sabotage me in the early days.

But in the end, only you can make the DECISION to fail. No one will stick a dip in your mouth. Be accountable for your actions, and resolve to be quit. No chance for failure.

• Like 3

You have stumbled on a huge opportunity.  There are a lot of nicotine lifers here who are now quit using this method.  I was a slave to Kodiak for 22 years.  I honestly thought I was special till I stumbled on this quit site and realized just about everybody who was an addict to this bullshit was just like me.  I was a functioning member of society with a job/family and all that shit, but my life revolved around getting my next nicotine fix.

Stay close to this site the next few days and read as much as you can.  Get some fake dip or sunflower seeds or hard candy or whatever you can to get through it.  We've all been where you are and come out the other side.  You already put your name on scroll so the option of dipping is off the table today.  I'm quit right beside you.

Edited by NotJamesGordon
nr
  • Like 3

Quitting is all about discipline, baby. If you want something bad enough, you'll go out and get it. If you really want to quit, you'll be quit. It all starts with making that promise to yourself and us every day and then living by that promise. 

• Like 1

On 4/3/2017 at 0:37 PM, Lighty said:

You have stumbled on a huge opportunity.  There are a lot of nicotine lifers here who are now quit using this method.  I was a slave to Kodiak for 22 years.  I honestly thought I was special till I stumbled on this quit site and realized just about everybody who was an addict to this bullshit was just like me.  I was a functioning member of society with a job/family and all that shit, but my life revolved around getting my next nicotine fix.

Stay close to this site the next few days and read as much as you can.  Get some fake dip or sunflower seeds or hard candy or whatever you can to get through it.  We've all been where you are and come out the other side.  You already put your name on scroll so the option of dipping is off the table today.  I'm quit right beside you.

^^^ what he said.   29 years as an active addict for me.  It can be done and your pointed in the right direction.  In the next few day > drink shit loads of water, go to gym and do a ton of cardio if u can, and put what ever you have to in your mouth that will help u not think about dipping.  

Also > be really care with alcohol for the first 20 to 30 days. Better yet.  Don't drink for a month.  Many a good quitter has failed after getting a load on - don't b that guy.   

Edited by NotJamesGordon
nr

33 year dipper here, been clean for over 3 years thanks to this place and these folks.

Are you holding on to an emergency can?  If so, flush it.  Chewing Gum, fake dip, seeds whatever works.  All the water you could possibly drink for a week.   This is a cold turkey place, no nicotine in any form, including nicotine gum and patches.

if we can do it, you can, too...welcome!

• Like 1

Seriously.

Welcome to Quit.

Integrity is where it starts.

Brotherhood and scroll is how it continues.

You can become a quitter and never look back or come back when your 48 with your tail between your legs feeling like a failure, loser and most importantly - puss.

Now is the time.

Edited by monkey

Welcome,  The posts above demonstrate the power of this place which is the commitment of these badasses to this house of QUIT.

Post on the Plebe scroll every morning as soon as you wake-up.  Keep your promise to us and to yourself.  Repeat.

Edited by NotJamesGordon
nr
  • Like 1

Welcome. Plenty of outstanding advice here from those that have, and continue, to keep their promise to quit one day at a time. 

I can tell you two things are certain: it gets easier every day, and you will never regret quitting. 

Edited by NotJamesGordon
nr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

No toe dipping here. The only way to quit is a cold turkey cannon ball. Wake up and post your promise for the day, then KEEP YOUR WORD. It's that simple. Embrace the suck while your body is adjusting and be glad you never have to go through it again.

Glad you're here

Edited by Lipi

Welcome to being Quit. It sucks at first. Withdrawal blows. But it'll be over and done, and as long as you fucking sack up, you will be free for the rest of your fucking life!

Think about that, dude. Freedom for the rest of your fucking life, and all you have to do is quit using that fucking disgusting shit you've been a slave to for years and desperately want to quit. All you have to do is decide to be Quit, and you are. So fucking simple. No one is going to hold a gun to your head and make you take a dip, so you are in complete control of this situation. Don't waste this opportunity.

Edited by Lipi
  • Like 1

Yup - you will be an irritable/foggy bastard for a few days.  Pound water, exercise and read introductions/Centurion speeches on this site.  Make your promise first thing and take the option of dipping OFF the table for that day.  Don't worry about anything else now except not putting nicotine in your body.  Get some seeds or fake dip.  You are not special, you are just a nicotine addict just like all of us.  I'm quit with you today.

• Like 2

Welcome. This is the time and place when quitting dip will happen for you. You can get on with your fucking life without being a sneaky ass addict. You appear to get the fact that you are an addict which is a solid place to start.

Tell us more about your self and become a part of the community that, for the first time, is available and believes in your ability to quit. Now all you gotta do is post your promise and keep it. Day 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6..... You are quit.

That excuse book in your back pocket, flush that worn out piece of shit down the toilet. Time to want it and take it.

You have to want this freedom more than anything that you've ever wanted in your life. More than any amount of $, any material thing, any piece of ass, anything. This ain't no joke man, this is life! We all have our own stories of how we got through the suck, so many different mind games that we played to get us through to the next minute or hour. Myself, I would just tell myself what a piece of fucking shit us addicts are, disgusting pigs. Think about it, we allowed a substance to control us. We allowed that plant to control every aspect of our lives. You have to get it in your head, no matter how you do it, that you hate the shit with a passion that doesn't seem possible. Hate is the strongest of words but that IS what it takes. No more despicable shit breath, no more brown stains around your lips, no more spitting to TRY and look cool around the boys, no more filthy smelly spitters, no more...PERIOD!

Dig down deep man, grab 'em. The nic bitch doesn't win anymore, YOU win! You control from now on!

Edited by Lipi
  • Like 2
  • The Clap 1

You are going to have to fight.  It's a fight you can win with support.  Look around, spend some time here and learn.  Post when you get out of bed every damn day. My first 45 days sucked.  Exersise, hot tea, sunflower seeds helped.  Remember how bad it sucks and close the door on nicotine forever.

• 4 weeks later...

Quitting Dip is something that you get to control, 100%. Withdrawal sucks, but it's a part of the process. If you want to be quit, then you certainly will be quit each day for the rest of your life. Just know that withdrawal symptoms are going to hit you hard for the first four or five days and then periodically after that.

If you show up here every morning, put your name on the quit scroll (that's your commitment that you will not use nicotine for the day), and keep your word--you'll be quit indefinitely. The choice is all yours.

When you made that choice today, did it feel different than the last time you stopped dipping? How will you own it this go 'round?

Welcome, bro/sis. This is the place to quit and that's no lie.

Edited by Pre
Universalism
  • Like 4

I'm glad you found your way to this place. You need to know that everyone here has been where you are now and want to be there to help you through the worst parts of that first week and every milestone along the way.

We've all "stopped" before we used this method.  It took joining a Brotherhood of Quitters that will hold us Accountable to become "quit".

If you jump in with both feet, make your promise, and stick to your word, you'll be quit too. 

Edited by Lipi
  • Like 2

Welcome!  You can do this.  Get some gum, jolly ranchers, beef jerky, fake dip, whatever gets you through the craving stage.  Come on line and rage at us when you have to,  just don't use any nicotine.  Tell your friends and family that you are quitting for added accountability.  Don't be a pussy and give in.  You can do this.  Withdrawal sucks, but after a week it starts to get better.  

• Like 2

Couldn't agree more with all of what these badasses posted above.  I dipped Kodiak for most of my life, but I've been nicotine free for just over 300 days because of accountability and brotherhood.  I threw my last can in the trash and signed up on this site last November.  It was the best decision I've ever made.

On 9/27/2017 at 5:49 PM, New Guy said:

I found this site and I really hope this helps. 

"Hope" is what little girls do about getting a pony for Christmas.  Men own their decisions and act with strength and integrity.  You don't need hope, you need honor.

Wake, piss, post your promise, keep your promise, and you will become quit like us.

Strap in, the next couple of days are going to be a wild ride...

Edited by Lipi
  • Like 5
  • The Clap 1

• 3 months later...

It’s time!!!  Delaying quitting makes no sense....it’s time to take the first step!  Starting with the support here, you will make it if you work at it!  Dip does nothing except poison you.  Over 4 years free, 25plus year dipper....and if I can do it you can too

• Like 2

Please fill in your quit date here.