Quitting Dip

Quit Dipping on Friday, March 8. 2019

NotSloth

Each and every member of this community quit nicotine through the same process... quitting chewing tobacco via a support system and the accountability offered by this dip quitting forum. The foundation of the method here is accountability,  and the only way to quit nicotine is to quit cold turkey. The following was written recently by a member of Quitting Dip.

I thought about quitting dip a lot before I actually quit dipping.  I had grown tired of the raw lips, the car that smelled like dip spit, the spitting in trash cans and the most embarrassing to me was having to reprint papers at work because I had put the "dip smudge" on them.  I don't have to tell you about all of those feelings... you've felt them or you wouldn't be here searching, the same way I was searching for the magic solution to quit dipping.  I would get on the internet every night and search out "ways to quit dipping" or "easy steps to quitting nicotine" or "how to quit chewing tobacco" thinking that somewhere in some dark corner of the internet, someone held a true secret that would give me the ability to finally quit.

I stumbled upon a website, full of folks who had walked the path I was exploring and they promised that they had the answer.  I was so consumed with getting their answer that I didn't really know what I was signing up for.  I was told that this group of folks start their day by making a promise to themselves and the group that they would not dip that day.  After all, its only a day and when broken down into pieces, you just have to make it a couple of hours at the time.  You can do anything for a couple of hours.

When I finally did pull the trigger to quit dipping I suddenly had a group of folks interacting with me, encouraging me, telling me what to expect and how to best cope with the withdrawal symptoms that I had feared for so long.  The first few days are rough...but not the whole day.  Only a few minutes at the time.  Long enough for your body to say it wants dip and then your mind to say "not today...I posted scroll".  It is hard to put into words the transformation when you take back the freedom you've given over to a tin can full of shit for so long.  But that freedom is worth every bit of discomfort from those first few days.

THE ONLY WAY TO QUIT DIPPING IS TO QUIT COLD TURKEY. 

And the only way to quit cold turkey, as far as the membership here is concerned, is to find a bunch of dudes who already quit this shit, and follow their lead. But what do we know... we're all just quit, and you're not. 

You are likely to be here after hundreds of aborted mini-attempts to "kick the habit". Here's the key. You can't use nicotine replacement products to quit nicotine. No vaping. No nicotine lozenges. No nicotine gum.  Why not? Because you can't quit nicotine by using a different form of nicotine.

How easy is it to quit dipping? Quitting dip is a lot easier than you think. If you follow the well worn path by the members here who are quit. Once the withdrawal symptoms of are over, (and yes, they suck but they are manageable), it becomes a mind game, and we know all the ways to win. If you are ready to quit, the best way is to join this site, and start posting. 

If you think that quitting dip is impossible, then you're in the right place. If you wonder whether you really need to quit chewing, you're not ready. Guests can read some "speeches" of dudes who have been in your shoes. If you're just about ready to pull the trigger but you're scared, stop being a pussy. There is a section in the support center full of posts encouraging guys like you to get in the game. 

Once you sign up you can start an introduction where you can tell the other members about yourself, or just get right to it and put your screen name and "Day 1" on the "Quit Scroll" with today's date. 

The bottom line is that if you throw up a post somewhere, guys here will try to help you. But you have to help yourself first. 

• Like 3

Quitting dip is hard, probably the hardest thing I have ever done. Quitting dip is possible with the great knowledge and wisdom and support that you can receive here at Quitting dip.

Use the tools and support and be a quitter. It's the best thing you can do for you.

• Like 2