Quitting Dip

Quit Dipping on Friday, March 22, 2019

NotSloth

Maybe you’ve already done enough reading around the site to know that your story is not unique, and that your addiction doesn't seem out of place with what we all used to do before we got help to quit dipping. Or maybe this is your first visit to Quitting Dip. 

My routine prior to the day I decided to finally quit dipping cold turkey went something like this… 

1. Wake up-  Put in dip. Change out dip every approx 2 hours, adding toppers when needed.

2. Mealtime? - take out dip right before, put new dip in right after. Repeat 3x daily.

3. Spending time with someone who you don't necessarily want to know that you chew (mom, boss, or casual acquaintance)... put tiny chew near back of gum line, and gut the spit. Otherwise, keep massive chew in front, upstairs or downstairs, all day.

4. Go to sleep- take out dip (unless too drunk to remember to take out).

There was hardly any moment I wasn't getting my fix. Does that sound like sound like something I was getting enjoyment out of? Or does it sound like someone totally fucking addicted who is letting a drug run every facet of life? Fuck that shit. Isn't it exhausting to worry about that shit all day? I imagine it was even worse for the ninjas who had to conceal their nicotine addiction even while around the house. 

THE ONLY WAY TO QUIT DIPPING IS TO QUIT COLD TURKEY. 

And the only way to quit cold turkey, as far as the membership here is concerned, is to find a bunch of dudes who already quit this shit, and follow their lead. But what do we know... we're all just quit, and you're not. 

You are likely to be here after hundreds of aborted mini-attempts to "kick the habit". Here's the key. You can't use nicotine replacement products to quit nicotine. No vaping. No nicotine lozenges. No nicotine gum.  Why not? Because you can't quit nicotine by using a different form of nicotine.

How easy is it to quit dipping? Quitting dip is a lot easier than you think. If you follow the well worn path by the members here who are quit. Once the withdrawal symptoms of are over, (and yes, they suck but they are manageable), it becomes a mind game, and we know all the ways to win. If you are ready to quit, the best way is to join this site, and start posting. 

If you think that quitting dip is impossible, then you're in the right place. If you wonder whether you really need to quit chewing, you're not ready. Guests can read some "speeches" of dudes who have been in your shoes. If you're just about ready to pull the trigger but you're scared, stop being a pussy. There is a section in the support center full of posts encouraging guys like you to get in the game. 

Once you sign up you can start an introduction where you can tell the other members about yourself, or just get right to it and put your screen name and "Day 1" on the "Quit Scroll" with today's date. 

The bottom line is that if you throw up a post somewhere, guys here will try to help you. But you have to help yourself first. 

•  

• Like 2