Quitting Dip

Quitting Dip on Friday, June 7th, 2019

NotSloth

Are you thinking about quitting dipping, but you're worried about nicotine withdrawal symptoms? Sweats? Insomnia? Trouble shitting? Can't eat or can't stop eating? Teeth and gums hurting? Ready to flip the hell out on someone for no reason? Yes, those are withdrawal symptoms of quitting dip... and if this is your first or second day, It's probably going to get worse before it gets better, but if you stay focused and keep your eye on the prize, the withdrawal can be viewed as nothing more than discomfort. All that discomfort is your body getting better.  And you can mitigate the discomfort with some simple changes to the way you normally do things. You can manage the symptoms for the short duration of physical withdrawal. After about 4 days, all of the  nicotine is out of your system. Then  it is all mental. When you feel a crave, slow down time, breath deep and focus on it for a second. It will go away whether you feed it or not. If you don't, they will get less powerful and eventually stop all together..

Bottom line- get on the scroll to make your promise, keep your word, and you will be through the withdrawal soon enough. Don't be a pussy. The nicotine has controlled YOU for so long, now you are taking control of it. It's one powerful substance, and the parts of your brain that are addicted are going to fight like hell. But you're more powerful, you’ve got this. You are stomping the guts out of that little voice that keeps mentioning dip. Do whatever it is that you have to, within reason, to keep stomping. I can remember on day #3 balling my fist up and punching myself in the face, it hurt like hell, it didn't knock any sense into me either but it did help keep that shit out of my mouth. You can beat this addiction on a daily basis. 

Dip is not and has never been your friend. It was your fix/crutch/weakness... Would a friend steal your money and health, try to kill you and take you away from your family? Are you worried you won’t be able to handle all of the routines of your life without your little anchor? Believe it or not, after you quit dipping you can do anything without nicotine. I like to hunt like you. Think of how many more deer you'll see if they don't smell your nasty skoal breath. The rest of the non-addict world doesn't have any problem doing routine  things without it...neither will you, if you quit dipping.

Don't get me wrong, quitting dip  is a struggle at times, but also empowering. Every time you beat a crave, you gain power. Learn to hate nicotine. You control your actions and don't have to be a slave to a little weed any longer. If you choose to use, you lose. Come here and tell your story, rant, bitch, whine...whatever. Just immerse yourself in this place and learn all you can. Knowledge is your super power against your addiction. And that is what it is, an addiction.

It's time to Quit Dipping. 

No matter what strategy you have employed in the past, we all know it hasn’t worked. This place will. The excuses you have used in the past won’t work here. The temporary withdrawal symptoms of quitting dipping are not going to kill you.  We know, because we all survived them. They're actually not that hard to manage if you have the correct mindset. No, you're not more addicted than we were. No, we don't care what brand you used to chew. Yes, you can actually function at work and home without your “crutch” to make you “more relaxed”.

Your life will improve dramatically once you quit dipping. You might remember stopping for a few weeks, and you have an idea that it was hell 'because you had quit'. It was hell because you didn’t know how to quit until now.  We’ll change your mindset, and we will lay out the timeline of quitting nicotine. The only thing that you need to do to succeed in a 100% effective method of quitting dipping is to show up here every day, listen to the advice of the members, and follow the only two rules we have here....

Post your promise not to dip every morning, and keep your word. 

If you are ready to quit, go to today's Quit Scroll and post your name and Day 1. Look for messages on the scroll or in your inbox from other dudes who have done this already. Or start an intro, and you can have a centralized place for people to welcome you, offer some advice, or kick your ass when you need it. If you think you are not ready to quit, what are you waiting for?

Edited by NotJamesGordon

I remember how free I felt once I knew all that nicotine poison was out of my system.  How liberating it is to choose what enters my body without having my addiction have a say so.  NRT keeps nicotine in your system.  Cold turkey is the only way to be quit.