Quitting Dip

Quitting Dip on Friday, September 6th, 2019

NotSloth

Can't tell y’all how pissed I am that I allowed nicotine to control my life for so long before I quit dipping. My mental and athletic performance suffered, my job performance suffered. Everything suffered, it was a mess. When I had my first child, before I quit chewing tobacco, the addiction detracted from my time with her. Instead of enjoying the moment, I'd look forward to her nap so that I could pop a dip in.

Quitting dipping has made me a stronger, smarter, more resilient person. Now that I have proven to myself that I can quit dipping, I can confidently act to improve other areas of my life. I want to make better choices in everything I do moving forward. If it's not helping me with my goals, I shouldn't be doing it. If its a negative person or behavior, I shouldn't be associating with it. 

Quitting chewing tobacco would not be possible without support and brotherhood. Posting scroll was the cornerstone of my cold turkey nicotine quit, but the interaction with positive, like minded people is what keeps me coming back. Wake up, piss, post scroll, and interact. That's a solid formula to win right there. I only have so much time in this life, I'm proud of my decision to do it nicotine free.

THE ONLY WAY TO QUIT DIPPING IS TO QUIT COLD TURKEY. 

And the only way to quit cold turkey, as far as the membership here is concerned, is to find a bunch of dudes who already quit this shit, and follow their lead. But what do we know... we're all just quit, and you're not. 

You are likely to be here after hundreds of aborted mini-attempts to "kick the habit". Here's the key. You can't use nicotine replacement products to quit nicotine. No vaping. No nicotine lozenges. No nicotine gum.  Why not? Because you can't quit nicotine by using a different form of nicotine.

How easy is it to quit dipping? Quitting dip is a lot easier than you think. If you follow the well worn path by the members here who are quit. Once the withdrawal symptoms of are over, (and yes, they suck but they are manageable), it becomes a mind game, and we know all the ways to win. If you are ready to quit, the best way is to join this site, and start posting. 

If you think that quitting dip is impossible, then you're in the right place. If you wonder whether you really need to quit chewing, you're not ready. Guests can read some "speeches" of dudes who have been in your shoes. If you're just about ready to pull the trigger but you're scared, stop being a pussy. There is a section in the support center full of posts encouraging guys like you to get in the game. 

Once you sign up you can start an introduction where you can tell the other members about yourself, or just get right to it and put your screen name and "Day 1" on the "Quit Scroll" with today's date. 

The bottom line is that if you throw up a post somewhere, guys here will try to help you. But you have to help yourself first. 

• Like 1