Quitting Dip

Quitting Dip on Tuesday, December 17th, 2019

NotSloth

If you are looking for a support group to help quit dipping, all of the members here quit dipping using the same process, through the accountability offered by this website, and going cold turkey. The following was written recently by a member of Quitting Dip.

Not sure if this term is still around, but I can remember back in the day, lots of young chicks that smoked always talking about having “nic fits”, and needing to smoke even though it was a bad time for it, and they didn’t want to. They were having nicotine withdrawal, but it was treated totally casually. Like, “yes, I’m in withdrawal from a drug, and I am irritable, bitchy, feeling miserable, and dying for a smoke, and oh yeah, I’m 16”. I remember thinking they were crazy, meanwhile I was having a dip. You can see problems in other people, but ignore the fact that you have the same problem.  When you’re doing it, it’s for different reasons. I’m not a slave to the nicotine, I can quit dipping whenever I want. Those chicks are addicted, I just do it for the buzz, or to pass the time. 

If you’re still chewing right now, up is the only direction you can go. I know what you’re thinking. Yes, I can read your mind. Because you're fucking stupid, and I'm not anymore. I dipped much the same as you...all the time. My first roadblock in quitting dip was to overcome the thought that I couldn't go an hour without a dip. Once I realized that was a lie that I had told myself over and over to keep me from feeling the slightest bit of nicotine withdrawals, I started to look for other little lies I had hung on to.  Dip didn't keep help me stay awake at night while studying... Dip didn't help me concentrate at work, etc...Dip literally only kept me from feeling the beginning of withdrawal. 

From that point my perspective on life was changed. I'm in control. I make my choices deliberately....not relative to an addiction.  Semantics are important when it comes to quitting dipping. You need to change the way you think, and a big part of that is the language you use. The minute the gong goes off and you embrace being quit, all of this worry, and craving, and romance for your nicotine addiction goes away. It really is as simple as flipping a switch to stop being such a gaping vagina. If you are on the scroll every morning hating nicotine, you are one of us. 

THE ONLY WAY TO QUIT DIPPING IS TO QUIT DIPPING COLD TURKEY. 

You might think that there are lots of ways to quit dipping, but there's not.  You are likely to be here after hundreds of aborted mini-attempts at quitting dipping. You can't quit dipping halfway. You also can't use nicotine replacement products. No vaping. No nicotine lozenges. No nicotine gum.  Why not? Because you can't quit nicotine by using a different form of nicotine. Why do you want to extend the length of time that you experience the withdrawal symptoms of quitting dipping anyway? Get it over with. Rip the band aid off. Put that shit in the rear view mirror.

When you are in the cycle of being desperate to quit dipping, but terrified of actually quitting, everything can seem overwhelming. Quitting dip is a lot easier than you think. It is all a mind game, and we know all the ways to win. If you are ready to quit, the best way to quit dipping cold turkey is to join this site, and start posting. 

Once you are a member you can start an introduction where you can tell the other members about yourself, or just get right to it and put your screen name and "Day 1" on the "Quit Scroll" with today's date. Just throw up a post somewhere, someone is going to see it, and help you learn how to quit dipping. You can also post below with questions or comments before you sign up. 

If you just about ready to pull the trigger but you're scared, stop being a pussy. There is a section in the support center full of posts encouraging guys like you to get in the game. We want to give you help to quit dipping, but you have to help yourself first.