Quitting Dip

All of the members here quit dipping using the same process, through the accountability offered by this website, and quitting dipping cold turkey. The following was written recently by a member of Quitting Dip.

One of the keys to quitting dipping is the mental shift from missing dip, to being mad at it.  Get pissed, brother.  That shit never did ANYTHING for you.  It never made anything better; it didn't make you cool, or sexy, or smart, or tough...it only made you a pussy.  Quitting is WINNING.  You are taking back your life, man.

I was thinking about quitting dipping while on a long drive I had this morning for a business meeting.  That used to be a dip time for me.  Today I didn't even think about the fact that I was going to be driving without dip.  Didn't miss it.  Why?  Because I'm quit as fuck, that's why. 

Actually, I was specifically better off on that drive without dip.  All of the time and energy that I would have normally spent thinking about making sure I had a can and a spitter and enough time to sit in the parking lot for a few minutes, I instead spent mentally preparing for my meeting.  Since nicotine is a vasoconstrictor (causes your arteries to constrict), that chew I used to have on the way to meetings literally inhibited my ability to think creatively.

One piece of advice I can say is to cling to this forum as if your life depends on it. I know my first days in the fog I didn't get shit done at work but I read, read and read some more. You will learn a lot doing this. One of my favorites was centurion speeches. Learn from guys that have had success at quitting dipping and mimic what they do.

• 2 weeks later...

I am about 5 hours in to quitting and this post is the kind of thing I need to hear. Just now getting started but going to keep reading, listening, thinking and being done with dip. Thank you so much for the motivation, here we go!!! 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Adamacg said:

I am about 5 hours in to quitting and this post is the kind of thing I need to hear. Just now getting started but going to keep reading, listening, thinking and being done with dip. Thank you so much for the motivation, here we go!!! 

Read up man. Write an intro. This shit can work. Wake up tomorrow and make a promise 1st thing no nicotine for me today. I will be doing the same

Edited by Lighty