Quitting Dip

9 days in... had 3 beers.

Rjkjr

I am so quit that it is not even funny. However, I mowed the yard today and normally dip while I am doing it (first mow since quit) and have a couple beers afterwards. No dip today, but I did have 3 beers afterwards. I paused before having the first beer as I absolutely didn’t want to risk my quit,  but I thought that I am 9 plus days nicotine free and will not give in to nicotine as I am DONE! Well, had the 3 beers and happy to say not a problem. I think that I am like an addict going to jail. I absolutely know that there is no chance to satisfy my addiction so I don’t even think about it.   A little more than a week ago I seriously didn’t think that I was going to make it 8 hours. Now, I know that I will never dip again and it is primarily due to this site. Thanks to you all! I’ll admit that initially I thought that this site was a bit much, but I was oh so wrong! Thank you all for everything. I didn’t believe that the accountability thing would be such a motivator, but I am thrilled to be wrong! 9 days cold turkey, working on the rest of my life NICOTINE FREE!

• Like 2
  • The Clap 4

I did the same thing Friday night. Mowed (which I always had a dip in to do and then had a few beers. Not one second did I entertain the idea of dipping again. There is a big difference in quitting for good and quitting with little to no accountability. 

• Like 2
  • Q for Quit 3

Honestly ... this is one of the stupidest threads I've ever seen  ...  lets not try to justify how awesome you are and how your able to drink alcohol after having been quit for less than a week or so .... You both need to tighten it up and not drink for at least a month ..... this site is littered with dumb asses who thought they had it figured out and decided it was a great idea to have a couple beers .... good luck with all that and I'm sure this will be the last time I ever address you 2 dumbasses 

• Like 1

Guys when I quit the nic I didn’t drink for the first 100 days cause I was scared to plus I told myself that I wouldn’t and wanted to keep that promise.

I was a fairly heavy drinker at that time and would routinely crush dip and a six pack (Or more) in the evening so naturally it was like one without the other was just easier to not do either for me was the thinking.

That said, I think it’s great you guys are confident to flex your quit muscles having some brews. Just be careful like have a plan or some fake, digits, or something! Right @Red Dirt ? I’m obviously new to this site ... but the number of caves I’ve seen from drinking in the past year is depressing (part of why I’m on this site now that doesn’t put up with caves or bullshit)

Look I’m definitely not the poster boy for comparison cause I’m 52 days sober now and quit from alcohol... 🍻 cheers to you guys getting your week quit and celebrating with freshly mowed yards. 

See you in scroll tomorrow.

• Like 2

Beast, Thanks for your honesty and I truly believe that it comes from genuine concern for my quit. That said, there is no way that I will cave or jeopardize my quit. As I said before, I am done with nicotine. Hate it, over it, and will never dip again. I attempted to quit on a couple of occasions over the last 40 + years, but I have never felt like this and I think it is as simple as the accountability that this site offers. In the past I kind of knew that I would use again. I would do the addict speak and say that I am doing well and deserved a nicotine reward. That is absolutely no longer true for me. I didn’t mean to piss you or anyone off. I just felt happy, grateful, and wanted to share. I will refrain in the future, but will still be here tomorrow morning to pledge that I am done with nicotine in any form.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rjkjr said:

I didn’t mean to piss you or anyone off. I just felt happy, grateful, and wanted to share. I will refrain in the future

You didn't piss anyone off. He's speaking from experience. He's seen this shit before and has seen the results. I've seen the same thing. Some quitters will do fine and some will get stupid and cave. We generally see caving newbies cave when drinking. Yeah sure, you're different--  heard that before too. Nobody here is going to tell you what you absolutely can or cannot do with anything besides nicotine, but if the advice fits, wear it. If it  doesn't resonate with you, maybe someone else who needs it will take the advice. Quite a few do. 

• Like 3

I don't care about the drinking, if you're quit. Drinking when you're new is only dangerous, because 99% of the people that are new don't understand shit, and are not actually quit, they are just experiencing success with the basics of the method. When you are quit, you are not looking for excuses to use nicotine. There are lots of examples in your posts in this thread that don't necessarily shout out, "I'm quit". As you've probably seen on other threads, maybe even your own intro, one of the keys that we stress here is being measured and consistent with the language you use. When you speak quit, and only quit, your mind will start to change a bit. Words become thoughts and thoughts become actions, yada yada. Get the chew romancer talk out of your vocabulary, and you'll have a much better shot at having the gong go off for real. 

15 hours ago, Rjkjr said:

give in to nicotine

Nicotine is not the boogieman waiting to get you, it's not trying to tempt you. 

an addict going to jail

Quitting is not jail, quitting is freedom. Dip is jail. 

there is no chance to satisfy my addiction so I don’t even think about it

This again is suggesting that you're constrained by quitting, rather than being liberated by it. 

13 hours ago, Rjkjr said:

deserved a nicotine reward

This made me gag. 

It's just little things. There are lots of people who will think those are just semantics and that it's nit picky. They are invariably shitty quitters and stuck in the graveyard. 

Just an aside to someone else.... 

14 hours ago, KD2 said:

but the number of caves I’ve seen from drinking in the past year is depressing

@KD2 When you're surrounded by weak pussies and their coddling enablers, it doesn't matter whether or not you drink. So, best to leave all your kavemart baggage at the door. Start over and forget whatever you saw at that suckhole. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, KD2 said:

I’m obviously new to this site ... but the number of caves I’ve seen from drinking in the past year is depressing (part of why I’m on this site now that doesn’t put up with caves or bullshit)

@Lipi

I know you’re doing this to get me to flex my quit muscle and it’s working....so I appreciate it :)

I’ll quote myself here...(wasn’t sure how to quote you while also referencing my actual words)

Really curious what was the KTC baggage? If it’s just me cause I came from there and I’m a plebe then ok...I get it.... but I’m confused because vets here are also saying it can be dicey to drink early on? You’re

even saying that it’s “dangerous”. That’s all my point was. I’m trying to help look out for my fellow Plebes with some support, this has nothing to do with KIssMyCoddle enabling that I’ve left behind. If you want to keep bringing that up - it’s fine.
I’d like to learn where my language went wrong from your perspective and had KTC baggage so I can fix that going forward. Are we not allowed to reference a time in our life when we were not part of QD? Am I not supposed to give support to fellow plebes? Just want to get this straight and fall in fucking line!

You're talking about caves you've seen in the past year.... none of those were here. Caving is not acceptable here, and discussing how often it happens at kavemart is irrelevant. Spouting irrelevant nonsense is baggage. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lipi said:

You're talking about caves you've seen in the past year.... none of those were here. Caving is not acceptable here, and discussing how often it happens at kavemart is irrelevant. Spouting irrelevant nonsense is baggage. 

I won’t reference any cave I’ve seen before in my quit. Got it.

Since joining QD there are no caves and it better fucking stay that way!

2 minutes ago, KD2 said:

I won’t reference any cave I’ve seen before in my quit. Got it.

Since joining QD there are no caves and it better fucking stay that way!

There won’t be.  Cavers get shown the  door. 

Word of advice from another refuge, don’t bring up ANY past experience from kavetown.  It was all wrong. I should almost subtract 440 days (when I got here) from my day count.  

• Like 2

Please fill in your quit date here.