Quitting Dip

I quit dipping cold turkey. It works.  I created  an account on this site and posted on the day’s scroll.  It worked. It will work. Quitting dipping has changed my life. It has bettered my life immeasurably. I was a different person before QUIT. I had misaligned goals and priorities. I saw the world and myself from a warped and distorted perspective. I was tied up in knots and stuck in the upside down.

Nicotine was a mask that I hid behind. It was something I used to hide myself from my insecurities. I am not perfect. That bothered me. I based my self worth on other people’s opinions of me and what I wanted their opinions of me to be. 

All this added up to weakness, and it started to build on itself. I couldn’t think for myself. I had problems speaking up. I was afraid to make decisions. I was afraid to make mistakes. I was paranoid about everything. Things were getting bad.

Was this all because of dip? No. Some of it was just life. Some of it was my own fault. All of it is my responsibility. Dipping made things worse. It made what was already bad worse and created more problems. A fuck ton more problems. It was the driving force behind all problems and became the motherload of problems.

Thankfully, I realized that I had to overcome. I would overcome. I would rather suffer the pain of eternal infinite hells without nicotine than a life of fake comfort with it. In reality, QUIT got me out of hell. The temporary pain of nicotine withdrawal was just the process of weakness  leaving. Forever. I am QUIT forever. I don’t give a fuck.

Now is everything tip top now? No, but it’s a start. It’s the start of my new life built on the foundation of QUIT. How am I going to maintain? Brotherhood. Post my promise. Keep my word. Read. Listen. Interact. Learn. Apply. Evolve. If I can do it anyone can do it.

The above was written by a member of Quitting Dip. If you are looking for a support group, all of the members here quit dipping using the same process, through the accountability offered by this website, and quitting dipping cold turkey.