Quitting Dip

Quitting Dip Blog, Tuesday December 29th, 2020

NotSloth

I have lived the majority of my personal life with the motto-  “Fuck It”. I have given up on too many diets, exercise programs, organizational goals, etc. in my life to count because I have always ended up saying "fuck it" and giving up. 

When I decided to quit dipping, I was finally fed up with the ever-present sack of shit weighing down my life- my nicotine addiction.  I found Quitting Dip and posted scroll the next morning. I had no expectations at that point, and if I am honest with myself, I assumed that the "fuck it" would win over eventually. But the next morning, I woke up and posted again. And then I did it again the next morning. A week later I was standing in line at the gas station and looking at the dip display. I could physically feel the "fuck it" creeping up my spine. But things were different this time. I had made a promise that morning. A promise to myself that I was going to be quit. And I have kept that promise every day.  

The benefits of quitting dip have permeated the rest of my life. I am more organized, I am eating better, I am exercising. Once I realized I could stop being a slave to the most addictive and destructive part of my life, the other areas were easy to overcome. I am tempted to say that I have conquered the "fuck it" once and for all. But I know that's not the case. I know it is still there. It is waiting for me to become complacent. It is waiting for me to get lazy. 

But, I am a different person than I was before I quit dipping. I am determined. I am firm in my resolve that while the rest of my life may fall victim to the "fuck it", my quit will not. I will wake up tomorrow and make a promise to myself and to the good people of QD that I will be quit that day and every day after it. I look forward to many more scroll posts and I truly appreciate the help and support from every one of you. Because of you and the promise I make every morning, "fuck it" has forever been replaced with "fuck nicotine."
“Quit” is an attitude change that won't take long to manifest itself - after you quit dipping and prove to yourself that you’ve got the balls to make it through the discomfort of some withdrawals without running back to the “one pinch at a time” cancer addiction.

The above was written by a member of Quitting Dip. If you are looking for a support group, all of the members here quit dipping using the same process, through the accountability offered by this website, and quitting dipping cold turkey.

THE ONLY WAY TO QUIT DIPPING IS TO QUIT DIPPING COLD TURKEY. 

You might think that there are lots of ways to quit dipping, but there's not.  You are likely to be here after hundreds of aborted mini-attempts at quitting dipping. You can't quit dipping halfway. You also can't use nicotine replacement products. No vaping. No nicotine lozenges. No nicotine gum.  Why not? Because you can't quit nicotine by using a different form of nicotine. Why do you want to extend the length of time that you experience the withdrawal symptoms of quitting dipping anyway? Get it over with. Rip the band aid off. Put that shit in the rear view mirror.

When you are in the cycle of being desperate to quit dipping, but terrified of actually quitting, everything can seem overwhelming. Quitting dip is a lot easier than you think. It is all a mind game, and we know all the ways to win. If you are ready to quit, the best way to quit dipping cold turkey is to join this site, and start posting. 

Once you are a member you can start an introduction where you can tell the other members about yourself, or just get right to it and put your screen name and "Day 1" on the "Quit Scroll" with today's date. Just throw up a post somewhere, someone is going to see it, and help you learn how to quit dipping. You can also post below with questions or comments before you sign up. 

If you just about ready to pull the trigger but you're scared, stop being a pussy. There is a section in the support center full of posts encouraging guys like you to get in the game. We want to give you help to quit dipping, but you have to help yourself first.