Quitting Dip

Is this the best method?

monkey

My addiction to nicotine began during a smoke break in basic training. I nearly puked while in formation and quickly learned how to be sneaky and gut the spit. 

Fast forward 32 years and I have now been quit for almost 4 years! Big deal right? Yes it is. I am no longer nicotine's sneaky addict bitch.

My attempts to quit over that 29 years are the same as yours most likely. Gum, lozenges, patches, fake. Id stop or do a half ass attempt at weaning using the above methods for 5 to 14 days and be slinking off to buy my addiction the moment my "will power" failed me. Over and over. I've come to realize that it had nothing to do with willpower and everything to do with not really wanting to quit and not quitting for myself. For 29 years I pulled an excuse out of my ass and stuffed my lip with it.

How do you go from planned failure to actual quit success? Posting your daily promise on the scrolls and the support of this quit brotherhood. Within this site you will find that brotherhood.

The majority of the brotherhood and banter takes place in the forums you will be able to access once you become member.

Now is the time for you to dump your cans and worn out excuses down the toilet and post your promise not to use today. It's not a magic formula but then again it is and it works for us every day.

Yeah it's a rough few days going cold turkey but you only have to do it once. We've got your back as long as you post to the scroll. Excuses are for failure. We are done with addict excuses at QD.

If your sitting on the fence reading this and wondering how the hell this is going to work for you, quit thinking, sign up, post your promise, read the site, participate and become a quitter.

Is this the best method? Worked for me and the other members here so the answer is yes. It will work for you also and it's pretty damn simple once you get the hell out of the way and let it happen.

Edited by monkey
  • Like 1
  • The Clap 4

9 hours ago, monkey said:

Excuses are for failure.

This is badass and so right on, brother.  Always the excuses...which are all lies.

I like to dip...I NEED to dip...no one understands me...I CAN'T quit right now because: a million "reasons."

As long as the excuses are present, quit is not possible.  Excuses always lead to failure.  Excuses are for failure.

Ditch the excuses, which are all lies, and quit takes hold firm and fast.

• The Clap 2

Please fill in your quit date here.