Quitting Dip

Quitting Dip on Saturday, February 23, 2019

NotSloth

Everything that appears in this daily blog was written by a member of QuittingDip.com, (QD). Every member here has quit nicotine through the same process, quitting chewing tobacco via the accountability offered by this website, and quitting cold turkey. 

[the following is an excerpt from a "quit speech"] 

My addition story is not unique.  I was ninja dipper.  I dipped pretty much anytime I was alone - driving, hunting, fishing, working, ect.  I would make excuses to get away from my family so I could dip.  I was a dipshit.  I never thought I was addicted because I would rationalize that "I don't dip that much" and "I can quit whenever I want" and "most people don't even know that I dip so I am obviously not addicted".  Then I tried to quit and couldn't.  I struggled for a long time with various stoppages.  Then I found the people here and learned how to quit.  For me it was never about the physical withdrawals, my battles to quit would be on the mental side.  The first months were hell and I will never forget.  But, every day further away from day 1 gets better and better.  

THE ONLY WAY TO QUIT DIPPING IS TO QUIT COLD TURKEY. 

You might not be ready to hear that, but you wouldn't be reading this if you didn't already know it. You are likely to be here after hundreds of aborted mini-attempts to "kick the habit". You can't quit halfway. You also can't use nicotine replacement products. No vaping. No nicotine lozenges. No nicotine gum.  Why not? Because you can't quit nicotine by using a different form of nicotine.

When you are in the cycle of being desperate to quit, but terrified of quitting, everything can seem overwhelming. Quitting dip is a lot easier than you think. It is all a mind game, and we know all the ways to win. If you are ready to quit, the best way to quit cold turkey is to join this site, and start posting. 

Once you are a member you can start an introduction where you can tell the other members about yourself, or just get right to it and put your screen name and "Day 1" on the "Quit Scroll" with today's date. 

If you aren't ready for that, or don't know if this will work for you, as a guest you can read some "speeches" of dudes who have been in your shoes. 

If you just about ready to pull the trigger but you're scared, stop being a pussy. There is a section in the support center full of posts encouraging guys like you to get in the game. 

Just throw up a post somewhere, someone is going to see it. You can also post below with questions or comments before you sign up

• Like 1