Quitting Dip

All of the members here quit dipping using the same process, through the accountability offered by this website, and quitting dipping cold turkey. The following was written recently by a member of Quitting Dip.

Quitting when I was in college didn't seem like that big a deal, and there's no way I could have quit without knowing what a big deal quitting dip actually is. Took me 20 years to find these dudes and quit dipping. I hope you realize that saving your life is a very big fucking deal, and that you use this resource to the fullest, in order to quit dipping. I had always told myself that I was stronger than my addiction, that I had control of it, and could quit anytime I wanted to, and then never did. It turns out I was right, I can control my addiction, and I could have quit anytime I wanted to, but I couldn’t do it alone. It takes accountability and knowledge. Both of those can be received here.

I have an immense feeling of shared ownership and pride in what we are doing here at QuittingDip. Quitting dip. It's right there in the name. We have never strayed from the message, and there is such freedom of movement in terms of starting threads, posting & mixed media. It's like a hippie commune but instead of patchouli it reeks with a thick testosterone musk of quit. Quitters gon quit. Quitters get strong, and the strong get stronger.

Remember that there's nothing mystical about any activity without dip. You are in control. Going out on the town, fishing, mowing the grass...etc. is no excuse to give in, and they are no harder or less enjoyable without a cancer wad in your mouth. This is the absolute truth. Never realized how much nicotine seemed to desensitize or reduce mental awareness. Nicotine withdrawal is a drastic tax on your attention, putting in a dip and relaxing that drain for a few minutes is not the same thing as improving attention. I explained it to someone the other day. It's like struggling to read on your phone at night, then realizing the brightness is turned down. Quitting dip is the equivalent to turning up the brightness level on life.

Also, think of the time spent hitting up the corner store and that constant anxiety of running out. Fuck that shit dude. Fuck being on a first name basis with homeboy behind the counter. Fuck feeling that certain pocket for a second time to make sure you didn't forget the can. Spend some time strengthening your hate for nicotine. Go look at relapse rates and then consider what we are doing here. You are essentially about to join the Seal Team 6 of quitters. There are other forums that you can post on where no one will bug you about posting your promise not to dip daily. After a few months there, no one will even notice that you missed a day or a week. Fuck that crap. Keep your edge. Get aggressive against dip. Hold yourself to a higher standard. Or you can  go back to the can for the next 15-25 years, solely because you aren't willing to put in the work. We are the Japanese WWII soldiers still hiding in the woods into the early 1980's because the war isn't over for us. We are never giving in. Because we care about quitting dipping.

• Like 3