Quitting Dip

I didn't write anything for my first 100 days of quitting dip  because I felt like I had nothing really to celebrate nor to be proud of. Quitting dip was just something that I believed I had to do, and I did it.  The next 100 days threw me for a loop. I battled with a few personal issues. Watched my life fall apart in front of my eyes and kept sitting on the sideline blaming everyone else for my mistakes and issues. But with everything going on I stayed quit. Every problem, obstacle and end of the world issue that came my way which used to “require” a dip, was overcome. The belief that dipping helps with our problems was all bullshit. Posting to the Quitting Dip Scroll,  reading all the day's posts and comments and realizing how many of you I can relate to constantly reminded me that 1+1=2, and that got me through that moment.

Today I mark my 200 days. It's not a holiday, nor is it a huge accomplishment. To me, it's just another day because regardless how many days I have behind me there is always one more tomorrow.

I will never be cured but the battle with my addiction is over, as long as I continue to post up every morning. All I can do is say thank you to you guys for sticking with me. With your permission  I will continue to mark my + 1 and smile knowing that I am beating nicotine today and that's all that matters.

The above was written by a member of Quitting Dip. If you are looking for a  support group, all of the members here quit dipping using the same process, through the accountability offered by this website, and quitting dipping cold turkey.

THE ONLY WAY TO QUIT DIPPING IS TO QUIT COLD TURKEY. 

Haven't quit dipping yet? The only way to quit dipping is to quit cold turkey, and the only way to quit cold turkey, as far as the membership here is concerned, is to find a bunch of dudes who already quit this shit, and follow their lead. But what do we know... we're all just quit, and you're not. 

You are likely to be here after hundreds of aborted mini-attempts to "kick the habit". Here's the key. You can't use nicotine replacement products to quit nicotine. No vaping. No nicotine lozenges. No nicotine gum.  Why not? Because you can't quit nicotine by using a different form of nicotine.

How easy is it to quit dipping? Quitting dip is a lot easier than you think. If you follow the well worn path by the members here who are quit. Once the withdrawal symptoms of are over, (and yes, they suck but they are manageable), it becomes a mind game, and we know all the ways to win. If you are ready to quit, the best way is to join this site, and start posting. 

If you think that quitting dip is impossible, then you're in the right place. If you wonder whether you really need to quit chewing, you're not ready. Guests can read some "speeches" of dudes who have been in your shoes. If you're just about ready to pull the trigger but you're scared, stop being a pussy. There is a section in the support center full of posts encouraging guys like you to get in the game. 

Once you sign up you can start an introduction where you can tell the other members about yourself, or just get right to it and put your screen name and "Day 1" on the "Quit Scroll" with today's date. 

The bottom line is that if you throw up a post somewhere, guys here will try to help you. But you have to help yourself first. 

• Like 1