Quitting Dip

I started dipping when I was about 16 with my friends after lacrosse practice. It seemed pretty harmless right? All the cool guys did it, I wanted to fit in. From then on it slowly went from once a week... to every day... to becoming a compulsive need. Before you know it you're in college, and you’re dipping all night because you think it helps you study. After that you start dipping in class and swallowing the spit. Straight down your throat. As if you're being fucked in the mouth by a prison cellmate and you decide you might as well just take it all in . Now I know that is an outrageous analogy but it has merits. Consider this: Big tobacco has known for DECADES that their products kill people. They purposely fill them with the nicotine because they know that it will hook unwitting users for life. What an insidious plot. 

We go through a normal stressful life, and pick up the habit to try to make things easier, not knowing we are being enslaved... Meanwhile the execs over at Big Tobacco are flying in private jets and spending their summers on yachts in the Mediterranean . The money we are spending on the products that are killing us just supports their lifestyle and their stockholders. You may disagree, or think this is an oversimplified explanation , and it probably is. Really, no amount of explaining can express all of the different facets and effects that nicotine and tobacco has on our entire human race, literally.

Which brings me here. People are strongest together. Today's technology allows us this community where we can lean on each other for support and to express ideas among our peers. I got fucking fed up with dipping. Tired of hiding. Tired of rotting my teeth. Tired of swallowing poison. Tired of bottles full of filth laying all my house and car. Just sick and tired of being sick and tired. Trying to quit alone and failing.  If you can think of it, someone here has lived the shit. We all stick together. We all hold each other accountable. And the ONLY way we believe a person can quit successfully is cold turkey. Even if you are currently using nicotine replacement products and not dipping, you are using nicotine. Are you going to keep using them forever? No? Then eventually you are back to cold turkey, just with wasted months or years of being slave to a patch full of nicotine instead of a can. . So my advice to you is to make up your mind quit, hang out here and lay your WORD down on the line, and quit fucking around; because its literally KILLING you in every way you can possibly imagine. 

The above was written by a member of Quitting Dip. If you are looking for a  support group, all of the members here quit dipping using the same process, through the accountability offered by this website, and quitting dipping cold turkey.