Quitting Dip

Archived Plebe Quit Scrolls

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Napa - 442 Quit today with the new guys. 

Shane and Sam...... find the intro page and tell us about yourself. Great to have you guys

8 minutes ago, 8meds said:

Welcome, Sam.  This quit will be your last, if you have the testicular fortitude to make it happen.  Just an FYI ... no nicotine, in any of it's forms is allowed.  That is the poison.  Great decision to join up, where did you learn about "the accountability method"?

Thanks, 8meds. I went 30 days clean last April and it was one of the best months of my life--of course I lapsed and here we are again. I found you guys via reddit when I made the decision to quit yesterday and committed to joining and posting daily.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sam T Skullerich said:

Thanks, 8meds. I went 30 days clean last April and it was one of the best months of my life--of course I lapsed and here we are again. I found you guys via reddit when I made the decision to quit yesterday and committed to joining and posting daily.

Awesome bro.  So, did you have your last dip yesterday?  If so, that's your quit date ... and today would be day 2.

Head over HERE and write up an introduction when you get a chance.  You'll get all the support you can handle!

• Like 2

I'm feeling proud of my 8 days and not the newest guy in here. Now I can show them that if I can quit this shit so can they. Welcome guys, you really came to the right place!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, 8meds said:

Welcome Shane!  How's the battle on day two?

Shane -2

So far, not extremely bad. The first hour of work was the worst, but it passed for now....it's definitely not an easy thing after all these years....sunflower seeds are helping. I'm very grateful that I came across this forum last night.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Shane said:

Shane -2

So far, not extremely bad. The first hour of work was the worst, but it passed for now....it's definitely not an easy thing after all these years....sunflower seeds are helping. I'm very grateful that I came across this forum last night.

Quit 1 hour at a time, when you you put them all together the day is over then wake up post then do it again.  It gets easier, trust  me. Read on here when you can.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Shane said:

Shane -2

You can do this bro.  Even if you have to go hour by hour ... you can do it.  Set a goal, reach it and set one again.  You'll see a lot of talk about ODAAT around here.  One Day At A Time.  Post your promise to the plebe scroll every AM (best to do it as soon as you wake up, that's what I do), and then be a man and stand behind that promise.  A man of integrity can't go back on his word, especially for a 24 hour time period!  Then just repeat.  You'll pull up and out of the fog, and the freedom from nicotine is a beautiful thing!!  Keep fighting, you're winning.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BRO24 said:

BRO 445 DAYS.  WELCOME GUYS @Sam T Skullerich @Shane AS 8MEDS SAID, HEAD OVER TO INTO'S AND TELL US A BIT ABOUT YOURSELVES.  GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE WITH US!

Thanks, will do pretty soon. I'm still figuring out how to navigate everything here. 

3 hours ago, BRO24 said:

BRO 445 DAYS.  WELCOME GUYS @Sam T Skullerich @Shane AS 8MEDS SAID, HEAD OVER TO INTO'S AND TELL US A BIT ABOUT YOURSELVES.  GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE WITH US!

Thanks, will do pretty soon. I'm still figuring out how to navigate everything here. 

Shane- find a picture you like on the internet, and make it your avatar. If you're struggling with that, send me a link to it via pm. Or post it here if you're struggling with that. I'll do it for you. 

Do the little stuff. Realize that as bad as you're feeling, it's your body healing. Got to get clean. What's the alternative? Doing it again in the future, or cancer. There's no easy win worth winning. 

Edited by Lipi
  • Like 3

Hatdave 9- quitting today and everyday 

• Like 6

Please fill in your quit date here.