Quitting Dip

Archived Plebe Quit Scrolls

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So hey, thanks for reaching out to me guys.  So the short version of the story is that I'm a two time washout from KillTheCan, originally Dec 14 (hey Bro, hey Beast) used the name JustinA.  I caved after 171 and 71 days respectively.  I figured maybe I'd try a different group and hope for different results.  The lump and pain in my throat are also motivating me a good bit.  Anyway, the stats are I started when I was about 12 or 13.  I'm 44 now. I had one major stoppage for about 5 years but I got back on the can.  Use the patch, used the gum, used Wellbutrin, used Chantix, got stopped for a time each time, but I always went back.  The last two cycles, I went cold turkey with KTC and was doing pretty good and then let the nic put the pinch on me.  The last time I fell off the wagon, I was dropping my 13 year old son off at boarding school.  He's a good kid and its a great school, but he was scared and I was hating having to force him to go and I got to thinking about drinking a bottle of wine and putting in a big fat one and then, BAM, I'm in Walmart buying a can and didn't even get back to the car before I had one in.  I know, sad little story of a sad little man who didn't have the testicles to make a good decision to make sure he could stay around to take care of his family. Wah Wah Wah, So that was in early September.  Of course, as we all know would happen, I was back to a tin per day that day and it continued until yesterday.  I had a dip on the way to work and another on the way home and none since.  My son came home for a visit and is super happy at school so all I did was fail the guys at KTC, my family and myself and there wasn't even a real thing to be worried about.  So, what'd I do wrong?  Let the addict part of my brain tell me that somehow the dip was going to make the sad little man not so sad. Stupid. What will I do different next time? Remember how scared I am now with this pain in my throat and that the nic isn't actually going to make anything better.  There is probably another something I'm supposed to flagellate myself with but I don't know about that yet.  Anyway, that's where I'm at.

Today has been pretty lousy, about as expected I suppose.  The fog really closed in on the way to work this morning.  Don't clearly remember much of it and I was on autopilot at work.  I'm 29 hours in and staying strong.

Mole, haven't had time to read your whole post. Start an intro, and copy and paste this. We don't interact on the scrolls. There is no doubt you'll get different results than you did at kavemart. We don't kave here. We'll work out the rest later, just get on the scroll tomorrow and don't use. 

Please fill in your quit date here.