Quitting Dip

Quit Dipping on Thursday, March 28, 2019

NotSloth

I have lived the majority of my personal life with the motto-  “Fuck It”. I have given up on too many diets, exercise programs, organizational goals, etc. in my life to count because I have always ended up saying "fuck it" and giving up. 

When I decided to quit dipping, I was finally fed up with the ever-present sack of shit weighing down my life- my nicotine addiction.  I found Quitting Dip and posted scroll the next morning. I had no expectations at that point, and if I am honest with myself, I assumed that the "fuck it" would win over eventually. But the next morning, I woke up and posted again. And then I did it again the next morning. A week later I was standing in line at the gas station and looking at the dip display. I could physically feel the "fuck it" creeping up my spine. But things were different this time. I had made a promise that morning. A promise to myself that I was going to be quit. And I have kept that promise every day.  

The benefits of quitting dip have permeated the rest of my life. I am more organized, I am eating better, I am exercising. Once I realized I could stop being a slave to the most addictive and destructive part of my life, the other areas were easy to overcome. I am tempted to say that I have conquered the "fuck it" once and for all. But I know that's not the case. I know it is still there. It is waiting for me to become complacent. It is waiting for me to get lazy. 

But, I am a different person than I was before I quit dipping. I am determined. I am firm in my resolve that while the rest of my life may fall victim to the "fuck it", my quit will not. I will wake up tomorrow and make a promise to myself and to the good people of QD that I will be quit that day and every day after it. I look forward to many more scroll posts and I truly appreciate the help and support from every one of you. Because of you and the promise I make every morning, "fuck it" has forever been replaced with "fuck nicotine."

THE TIME TO QUIT DIPPING IS RIGHT NOW. 

And the only method for quitting dipping that any of us have ever found to work is quitting cold turkey, with the help of other quitters. The method that we use here. If you found Quitting Dip, you’ve been struggling with nicotine for a long time. You have probably tried to quit. Perhaps you’ve even admitted to yourself that you are addicted to chewing tobacco. 

No matter what strategy you have employed in the past, we both know it hasn’t worked. Otherwise, you would be quit, like the rest of us. The excuses you have used in the past won’t work here. The temporary withdrawal symptoms of quitting dipping are not going to kill you. You can actually function at work and home without your “crutch” to make you “more relaxed”. Your life will improve dramatically once you quit dipping. You might remember stopping for a few weeks, and you have an idea that it was hell 'because you had quit'. It was hell because you didn’t know how to quit until now. 

We’ll change your mindset, and we will lay out the timeline of quitting nicotine. The only thing that you need to do to participate in a 100% effective method of quitting dipping is to show up here every day, follow the advice of the members, and follow the only two rules we have here....

Post your promise not to dip every morning, and keep your word. 

If you are ready to quit dipping, post up on the Plebe Scroll. 

Otherwise, visit the support center, or read some speeches

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NotJamesGordon said:

I am a different person than I was before I quit dipping.

This is so fundamental to quit.  There is no other way but through our process that you can change your mind to free yourself from dip slavery.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Owl said:

This is so fundamental to quit.  There is no other way but through our process that you can change your mind to free yourself from dip slavery.

I would like to think of it differently. Rather than saying quitting dip made me a different person, I would like to think that quitting dipping allowed me to be who I was supposed to be, before I got sidetracked. 

• Like 1
  • The Clap 1

On 3/28/2019 at 7:40 AM, Lipi said:

I would like to think of it differently. Rather than saying quitting dip made me a different person, I would like to think that quitting dipping allowed me to be who I was supposed to be, before I got sidetracked. 

I'd have certainly made different choices over my 30 years had I not become a nicotine fiend 24/7.

This person I have found in myself that has integrity would have played a larger roll in my life.

No time like the present.

• Like 2