Quitting Dip

Question

Guest Jon

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question.  Can you explain exactly what the "method" is here?  Do users remain anonymous? Is there a cost or membership fee?

What's the difference between this site and killthecan.org?  I found that site as well as this one while searching for ways to quit chewing.

I guess a few questions.  Thank you.

15 minutes ago, Guest Jon said:

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question.  Can you explain exactly what the "method" is here?  Do users remain anonymous? Is there a cost or membership fee?

What's the difference between this site and killthecan.org?  I found that site as well as this one while searching for ways to quit chewing.

Jon, welcome.

The method here is quit nicotine cold turkey. We support and educate each other. As long as you post your name to scroll that you are quit every morning and keep your word, the members here will support you and you will succeed.

B + A = Q (brotherhood + accountability = quit)

No fees although we all kick in some money voluntarily if needed or buy some quit merch from the store. No one profits here monetarily but we all profit in quality of life.

Remain as anonymous as you wish but when you meet other quitters face to face it takes your quit up a few notches.

Kill the can is much more tolerant of failure then we are. Here there is only quit. The only way to be quit is to not put nicotine in your body.

Good questions... You ready to quit?

Edited by Doc
  • The Clap 7

Welcome Jon .... Glad you found us!  Everything Doc said above and so much more ..... 

Q1: Cold turkey .... once you post your day 1 the expectation is you will never put the shit in your mouth again .... several factors involved for you to be successful  > 1 is you have to be ready to quit and you have to quit for your self - not because some else wants you to quit .... don't be sensitive to corrections or tough love - no one here will bust your balls for sport - it will be because your showing traits or exhibiting behaviors that are less than quit and we'll need to fix that

Q2:  you can be as anonymous as you want to be ... but most of us have exchanged cell numbers and most guys/gals have shared personal info on our different threads .... a lot of us have met one another ..... That familiarity with one another goes along way in keeping everyone accountable  - I know if Im not on the scroll by noon my phone will be blowing up to check my status ( I just try to make sure that never happens) 

Q3: The cost of doing business is posting your username and quit day to the Quit Scroll everyday .... the expectation is to wake up, piss, then post to the scroll .... real administrative cost are covered by donations from the membership or buying bling from the quit store.

Q4: A lot of us started at KTC and needed more than what was offered there ..... Failure is not accepted here ..... we hold each other accountable and we post to the scroll everyday .... Personally, I respond and react much better when I know Im being held accountable by others ... 

Its up to you know .... next step would be to Quit and post a day 1 to our Plebe Scroll ..... at that point the switch is flipped and all the support you could ever need will be steam rolling your way 

• Like 3

Jon, the method is you say "I Quit" and post the number of days quit you are on a scroll (if you quit now put a 1 https://www.quittingdip.com/forum/18-plebe-quit-scrolls/), you put quit language in your brain until it replaces whatever dip-loving bullshit you're working with now with quit, then you go to bed quit, then you wake up and post the next day's number on a scroll and you quit some more.

Besides the not accepting failure thing, at QD you can create threads and post images.

7 hours ago, Guest Jon said:

The method is accountability. We post our name on our scroll. If you are late posting many folks will give you a courtesy text message or email. We would of course need to have one of those in the first place. If you are so anonymous that you cannot be contacted in the event you are late or don't show it misses the point of accountability. 

I'm often skeptical of a person's resolve if they don't share any contact info with at least a few guys here. We don't pass it around. Leads me to believe that they believe that they are gonna fail so they better not give that to anyone in the event they would actually - be held accountable. Go figure. I'm here to quit and have no interest in anything about you that you don't wanna share. Post scroll every day and participate and you've won my support and that of most of us here.

Several people here have my number and I have talked with them. A few know my name and address. It's not a big thing for me, however, I don't post those things on the forum as a general rule. There simply isn't a need to be that open about that information beyond accountability. Beyond that my handle is monkey and I show up every day.

I found the other site first. This site is a result of that site. Without getting into the tit for tat, a group of individuals became unhappy with the level of forgiveness and revolving door quit that they perceived. After some confrontation and disagreement on that site, this site was created.

We take accountability very seriously, not that others don't at the other place. Revolving door quitters and addict excuses makers don't last here. Either because they slink off when we hold them accountable for missing days or using again or well that's pretty much it. 

Regardless of where my quit began I knew within a few days that accountability was gonna work for me. I wanted it and adopted a no nonsense stance with regard to addict excuses and lack of participation on the site.

I may have looked at the method with skepticism the day I found it, since then I have remained quit and posted a promise every single day. It only seems silly if you don't really wanna quit and use that as your excuse to continue to stuff toilet waste in your body.

What sort of answer were you looking for? Did we answer your questions?

Bottom line is that nicotine addiction turns us into sneaky ass glutinous addicts that spend every waking moment thinking about using a drug. I was of the gut the spit, sneaky ass, excuses making pussy crowd. I'm not any more.

No time like the present Jon. Ask your questions then get off the fence and get to taking your life back. Not after the can is gone or on your birthday. Flush the cans and do it now. 

Edited by monkey
  • Like 3

I think we should delete mine and the other last two comments and leave it up. Someone else will have these questions and read it. Just because Jon didn’t take the advice doesn’t mean others wont

I agree with keeping them. No reason not to leave questions up, we all had the same kind of questions that show up, before figuring out this quitting dip shit was legit.

• Like 3

Please fill in your quit date here.