Quitting Dip

Need help

Guest Tim

Hello-

i really just need a support group or person to help me get through the quitting part of chewing. Any help out there

4 hours ago, Guest Tim said:

Hello-

i really just need a support group or person to help me get through the quitting part of chewing. Any help out there

Read what you can within our pages Tim, you'll see this place is FULL of support ... it's the way we all quit, together.  The first step is the biggest, stop looking for outs ... this is your "in".

Tim - congratulations on acknowledging the fact that you want to quit, that’s a huge first step.  I remember lying to myself that I liked chewing and had no desire to quit.  The truth is I always desperately wanted to quit, but didn’t think I could and was too scared, so I told myself that lie to in an attempt to smother my fear.

I remember how desperate I was when I was online, searching Internet forums, blogs, and articles looking for something to give me even an ounce of courage.  Then I found this site.

I decided to give it a shot.  I will always be infinitely thankful for that one tiny decision - to sign-up here and “post scroll.”  Of course it sounded a bit hokey to me at the time, it did to all of us.  “Yeah right, posting an anonymous ‘promise’ on the internet is going to keep me from putting in another fat lipper this afternoon?”  Y’up.

You have all the courage and integrity you need to free yourself from chew.  You just have to find it.  We will help you.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Guest Tim said:

get through the quitting part of chewing.

There isn't a "quitting part of chewing". Quitting is the end of chewing. You'll be stoked when you don't have to chew all day anymore. 

Dipping is not fun, dip is not a friend, dip doesn't calm you down, dip doesn't make you feel good. That's all a lie. Your first dip gave you a really killer buzz. And you chased that dragon for a long time. But now you might just get a hint of a buzz in the morning... after that, you're just curing withdrawal. The nerves that are shot to hell are not fixed by nicotine, they were shot to hell by the lack of nicotine. But the good news is you can totally end all that shit by saying, "I quit" and posting up. 

• Like 5

No time like the present Tim. Have you found what you are looking for? Have you already thrown away the can(s)?

We've reached out back to you. Now it's your turn to make the next move. We want to support your quit but we can't quit for you.

Best decision you'll make but you gotta get off the fence an walk the talk.

Finds a website that is dedicated to supporting quitting dip (it’s our name, ffs), asks for help and states he’s looking for a support group, never comes back.  Yeah, he’s just kicking that can down the road.  

There’s no perfect moment, except when you find your marbles.  Then life is full of perfect moments ... because you’re quit. 

• Like 2

Tim , I quit 15 days ago ... just randomly found these kind folks over two weeks ago when I was only 3 days into my "QUIT" . Can honestly say it will be one of the BEST decisions you have ever made for yourself ! Don't give up on making yourself a better person and STOP being a slave to the massive TOBACCO companies , they have made enough m.f. money , piss on those sobs! 

• Like 5
  • The Clap 1

Guest A Friend

support to help quit is essential, especially when it people who are just like you, doing and going through the same thing. Remember, that you can do this and it is perfect when you reach out for help. 

6 hours ago, Guest A Friend said:

support to help quit is essential, especially when it people who are just like you, doing and going through the same thing. Remember, that you can do this and it is perfect when you reach out for help. 

Beyond those things we focus heavily on accountability. 

This means we post our promise not to use nicotine every day. Not only does this help us as individuals, it also creates and solidifies our brotherhood.

Accountability at QD is not optional as a member here. If a member misses a day or starts habitually being late as a poster we will and do call them out for it irregardless of a person's "day count". It is often at this point that the rubber hits the road. This is a simple method with simple requirements, get with it or take a walk. 

While that may sound not so nice to a person looking for empathy and warm touchy feely we are here to maintain a solid quit attitude from day one to day one thousand and beyond.

It is this method of no nonsense accountability and brotherhood, along with my own integrity, that I fully attribute to the success I have found in flushing this addiction back down the toilet, where it originates.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/28/2019 at 12:46 PM, Lipi said:

Dipping is not fun, dip is not a friend, dip doesn't calm you down, dip doesn't make you feel good. That's all a lie. Your first dip gave you a really killer buzz. And you chased that dragon for a long time. But now you might just get a hint of a buzz in the morning... after that, you're just curing withdrawal. The nerves that are shot to hell are not fixed by nicotine, they were shot to hell by the lack of nicotine. But the good news is you can totally end all that shit by saying, "I quit" and posting up.

Seems like such an obvious thing after quitting. Yet, just a few weeks ago, I was so lost in my own lies this would have looked like Hieroglyphics.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
11 minutes ago, Guest Coco said:

I quit dipping cold turkey on day 3 fckn hell does this site work im committed to being done

Post your name and day 3 on the Plebe scroll and find out for yourself.  I started at day 3 myself and been quit over 6 years.  Start the new year quit and don’t be a slave to the can anymore.  

Read what you have access and if you like what you see then post up.  That will open up for of the site to you.  The choice is yours.

https://www.quittingdip.com/topic/8265-01-20-2021-plebe-quit-scroll/

Edited by IndianaMike
Added link
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Guest Coco said:

I quit dipping cold turkey on day 3 fckn hell does this site work im committed to being done

Yes, it works ... but you need the balls to commit, and stick to it.  

On 1/20/2021 at 11:43 AM, Guest Coco said:

You sound like Ihatedipping. Still doing the same old shit, I see.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Maggs said:

Are these guys like trolls?

Mostly people who no longer want to dip but can’t find their balls to actually quit. We do get the occasional troll, but we aren’t stupid and know when somebody is serious or just wants to fuck about.

• 1 year later...
Please fill in your quit date here.