Quitting Dip

Questions About Quitting?

NotSloth

• 5 months later...

I like that this section was added. 

Warthog, lots of cumulative days quit here. We were all in our first week at some point. It will suck for awhile. You just have to keep pushing. Don't hesitate to reach out. You can do this.

LMAO sorry I'm new to the forum stuff...... No I'm not a female by no means, but I've updated the profile a bit now.

Thanks, I was sure that was just a roll of Certs!  Welcome bud ... think about writing an Intro?  You would post that HERE

LMAO sorry I'm new to the forum stuff...... No I'm not a female by no means, but I've updated the profile a bit now.

Had never joined any kind of forum (does a few months on facefuck count?) prior to quitting, and I think a lot of the dudes here were in the same boat.

It will grow on you, like a fungus.

• Like 1

Walcome Warthog.... Where does your screen name come from?

hoping if he was a gunner on a warthog that he has some of that awesome video....brrrrrrrrrrrrpppppppp or I'm I thinking the wrong plane?

edit: awesome might be the wrong word....

hoping if he was a gunner on a warthog that he has some of that awesome video....brrrrrrrrrrrrpppppppp or I'm I thinking the wrong plane?

Exactly what I was thinking... A10 Warthog is my favorite military plane next to the P51 Mustang... But I know nothing about military so maybe I am way off!

I just got sucked in to watching several warthog videos on youtube.

I just got sucked in to watching several warthog videos on youtube.

we used to get A10 in support a lot......they are fucking devastating....they fly way below the deck and are the most menacing bird in the sky....ive seen the aftermath of what they can do a few times......turning muslim bodies into little chunks of charcoal......i've got some pix somewhere...one day i might share

• Like 2

we used to get A10 in support a lot......they are fucking devastating....they fly way below the deck and are the most menacing bird in the sky....ive seen the aftermath of what they can do a few times......turning muslim bodies into little chunks of charcoal......i've got some pix somewhere...one day i might share

holy hell Beast.. I can't imagine... Is that aftermath of the Gatling gun or other arms?

holy hell Beast.. I can't imagine... Is that aftermath of the Gatling gun or other arms?

that was from the 30mm cannon.  Shots a HEI.(high incendiary explosive) round.   That will definitely fuck some shit up   Makes u feel good to b an American. 

• Like 4

It's really cool that the A-10 is built around the gun which is bigger and much longer than a VW Beetle.  The gun is so powerful that it had to be mounted at the exact balance point of the fuselage because while the 7 barrel rotary cannon is being fired the recoil causes the the plane to slow down.  If the gun was mounted off center, it would cause the plane to yaw which, as a pilot, I can imagine is not something you want.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Hey I have a question about symptoms once you quit. I've been quit for 12 days. Around day 7 I started getting throat pains, but it wasn't so much a pain on the inside of my throat as it was pain in my adams apple. It feels all tight and I have vocal weakness as well. No problems eating or drinking anything. Has anyone else experienced something like this? Is this just a normal part of my body recovering from years of dipping?

A lot of weird shit happens in your mouth, apparently related to the PH levels adjusting to being freed from the constant bombardment of having dip in there all day. Probably could affect some people in other places further along the digestive tract as well.

If you're worried that you developed throat cancer overnight due to quitting, you didn't. Your chances of getting cancer lessen every day from here on out. If it's bothering you still down the line, go see a doc. He'll look down your throat and maybe see some testicles starting to form where they've been missing every other time you tried to quit. :true:

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
Guest Boomer Sooner

I've been dipping for 14 years and am scared of cold turkey. Why is it better than weeding yourself off? Wouldn' that lessen withdraw symptms? I was at three cans a day and for the past 3 days have been at 2 and taking smaller dips to get by. 

40 minutes ago, Guest Boomer Sooner said:

I've been dipping for 14 years and am scared of cold turkey. Why is it better than weeding yourself off? Wouldn' that lessen withdraw symptms? I was at three cans a day and for the past 3 days have been at 2 and taking smaller dips to get by. 

Because the longer you put it off, the more likely you are to never, ever commit to quit.  Weaning down lessens your chances of successfully quitting, and having it stick.  Withdrawal symptoms don't happen because you're not getting "enough" nicotine ... they happen because you aren't getting ANY nicotine.  The quicker you realize that, reach down and find the testicular fortitude to get past those withdrawals ... the better off you'll be.  As long as you're feeding your body nicotine, you're body is still addicted to it.  C'mon man ... that's like telling a raging alcoholic to maybe just cut back to a drink or two here and there.  Your desire to "get by" is just your addict mind telling you that a plant controls your life.  Fuck that ... you control your life (if you want to).

We were all scared, every last one of us.  But every last one of us will tell you it was the best decision we've ever made.  Jump in Boomer, save yourself man ... before you end up a statistic.  Every last soul believes it won't happen to them ... until it does.  Quit now, your future self will thank you for it.

• The Clap 2

Guest Boomer Sooner
10 minutes ago, 8meds said:

Because the longer you put it off, the more likely you are to never, ever commit to quit.  Weaning down lessens your chances of successfully quitting, and having it stick.  Withdrawal symptoms don't happen because you're not getting "enough" nicotine ... they happen because you aren't getting ANY nicotine.  The quicker you realize that, reach down and find the testicular fortitude to get past those withdrawals ... the better off you'll be.  As long as you're feeding your body nicotine, you're body is still addicted to it.  C'mon man ... that's like telling a raging alcoholic to maybe just cut back to a drink or two here and there.  Your desire to "get by" is just your addict mind telling you that a plant controls your life.  Fuck that ... you control your life (if you want to).

We were all scared, every last one of us.  But every last one of us will tell you it was the best decision we've ever made.  Jump in Boomer, save yourself man ... before you end up a statistic.  Every last soul believes it won't happen to them ... until it does.  Quit now, your future self will thank you for it.

Alright fine I'll throw them away. 

I tried weening off many times. In my honest opinion, I truly don't believe there's a better option than cold turkey. Like @8meds said, weening off just gives you an excuse to keep dipping. I can't tell you how many times I said "I only had one can today, I'm doing awesome!". Great, but you're still fucking dipping. Get in and quit with us man. 

• Like 1

Hey guys,

New as hell around here and looking to find a way to quit. Tried a thousand times, gum, lozenges, patches, ect. Been on dip 25-30 years. Had some success on my own but didn't last long. Not too sure how this on line thing works. Not sure if I can do it either, I have my doubts. 

Can anyone give me a brief rundown of how this works? Is it some kinda support group or something? Any advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Hey- yes, this an effective quit method.

If you follow the procedure here, it is 100% effective. 

Procedure- 

1. Post a promise not to use nicotine today.

2. Keep your word. 

That's all up to you, and it's easy as fuck. 

The rest of the community is here to give you some help getting through withdrawal.

Sounds stupid. It works. 

Cold Turkey. Post your promise not to use, keep your promise.

You have to stop being nicotines bitch and want to quit. 

You gotta throw away the excuse book that allowed you to fail 1000 times before.

No time like the present. I promise you a happy new year nicotine free.

You found this place because there are no support groups in the "real world" for that nasty ass shit.

Time to quit...uh....guest guest.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Mizzip said:

Got a question about scroll. Am I posting the number of days I’ve completed or what day I’m making a promise to stay quit?

Enter your quit date in your profile (check).  If you're going to stick with this stupid Tuesday thing, that will be your day 1.  That's the first day you're promising yourself and us that you won't use nicotine in any form.

That's your first day quit.  The next day, you'll post your screen name and '2,' promising you'll stay clean that day.

But you should just put up a 1 today and throw that shit away RIGHT NOW!  Flush it down the toilet and embrace the freedom.

I gotta tell you @Mizzip, this whole lurking around thing while you're still using is bugging me.  A lot.  You're not going to miss dip.  You're not losing anything.  Don't "cherish" those last dips and your last days of slavery.  That's setting yourself up for failure.

Get quit today.  It's better than tomorrow, Monday, Tuesday, or any day in the future.

Do it.  Now.  Put up that '1' right now and you're free, brother.

Edited by Owl
  • Like 4
  • The Clap 1

Please fill in your quit date here.